Sign in to follow this  
rltrahan

Game wont play !

OK, Ive gotten pretty aggrivated with this. No matter if its a mission or just quick combat I go to the set up screen and then hit go to field and it will begin game play for maybe 30 seconds and then stops and goes back to the set up window. In Mission or Campaign mode it goes to play and I maybe have enough time to take off from the field and then it automatically ends the mission and goes back to mission screen to set up for the next mission. Ive tried reinstalling it which it will work for a few plays and then start up again. I know its not the OS because its done it on XP SP3 and now that Ive upgraded to Window 7 its still doing it. When I first got this game it didnt do this and I think it may have started once I bought and installed the Hat in the ring upgrade.

Anyone else have this problem?

Any Ideas on how to fix it?

I have tried several reconfigurations but to my ignorance I was not aware of a specifc one after installing the hat in the ring expansion.

What is the settings and what should I do?

Thanks for the help

Russ

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry you're having problems. OFF,BHaH and the newer HiTR upgrade run in XP32/64 and W7 without any problems.

There is a rather specific install procedure for CFS3 depending if you have the 2-CD disc pack or the DVD.

There's also a correct way to uninstall OFF and CFS3 which if not followed, will lead to endless problems.

I'm running W7-64_Ult and find the experience even better than XP32 or 64, IMHO.

Question; when you first installed CFS3 and patched it to 3.1, did you experience any problems running CFS3?

plug_nickel

I actually didnt play CFS3 but just went through the install procedure for the purpose of having it to install OFF.

As far as install disk I have the DVD single disk.

When I did do the reinstall I did the basic removal first and then went to my documents and removed it in all the user data areas.

Havent done a reinstall yet on the win 7 os which has a little bit of a different config then XP. The win 7 is new to me so any advice on reinstall with this os is needed.

Also should note that I am running on a very large screen with a custom high res at 1808 X 1020 1080p on a 250gts video card. Was using this one before the problems with no issues. Have been trying different settings for this to see if that could be the problem.

What do you reccomend for uninstalling and then reinstalling on WIn 7 32 ?

I actually didnt play CFS3 but just went through the install procedure for the purpose of having it to install OFF.

As far as install disk I have the DVD single disk.

When I did do the reinstall I did the basic removal first and then went to my documents and removed it in all the user data areas.

Havent done a reinstall yet on the win 7 os which has a little bit of a different config then XP. The win 7 is new to me so any advice on reinstall with this os is needed.

Also should note that I am running on a very large screen with a custom high res at 1808 X 1020 1080p on a 250gts video card. Was using this one before the problems with no issues. Have been trying different settings for this to see if that could be the problem.

What do you reccomend for uninstalling and then reinstalling on WIn 7 32 ?

Take a look here for starters:

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/56090-windows-7-problems/

If you didn't play CFS3 at all, then a couple of files that OFF needs for install were not created. You need to at least go into CFS3 QC and fly around a little, just mess around then exit. Then install OFF.

If you uninstall OFF, you'll need to delete said files in Docs and Appdata as well.

plug_nickel

since you had no initial problems with CFS3, It looks to be as Unclean has pointed out about configuring OFF.

OK, sweet , I will restart with a fresh reinstall playing the CFS3 and then making sure the cinfiguartion is good, see how it does then. Thank you very much for the help guys.

OK, sweet , I will restart with a fresh reinstall playing the CFS3 and then making sure the cinfiguartion is good, see how it does then. Thank you very much for the help guys.

We'll be circling. You have the ball.

plug_nickel

See now that's the interesting part, In Phase II. . . I always used to say "Fly the P47 once" prior to installing OFF. Actually you never needed to fly it, just have the ability to select it, as by then CFS3 had added a couple folders in your Documents, folders that were needed for the proper installation of OFF. If you checked-out those folders, after you were up and running properly, they were always empty.

I was told by the developers, that this is no-longer required, as Phase III doesn't utilize those folders.

Which is WHY I omitted the 'running of CFS3' from the installation instructions

Now, don't take this improperly, as running CFS3 can never hurt. But it's just a 'Voodoo' thing

Unless it's somehow required for Windows 7 dntknw.gif

The reason I always say to fly in QC is that even though it looks like a good install, try it and make sure. You're already there, and if you have no problems, then proceed with OFF. If you develop some sort of problem with the OFF install, you know it wasn't from CFS3.

plug_nickel

The reason I always say to fly in QC is that even though it looks like a good install, try it and make sure. You're already there, and if you have no problems, then proceed with OFF. If you develop some sort of problem with the OFF install, you know it wasn't from CFS3.

plug_nickel

UncleAL,

I would recommend leaving the "then run the game briefly" as it is. I put that in the instructions because CFS3 can be finicky when it comes to some multi-core processors and antivirus software. Best to check that CFS3 works before proceeding with BHAH installation.

Thanks

Edited by BirdDogICT