I recently downloaded The WOE october 2008 update and NATO Fighters I - IV yesterday. They added the guneditor and weaponeditor apps into my directory. The problem is, everytime I add a new arcraft, I can't get either the gun nor weapon editors to open. Are these the actual editors or do I still need to find them on the net somewhere?

did you read the enclosed readme??? iirc, NONE of the NATO Fighter add-ons requires a weapons pak or any other modifications.

if you want to learn how the editor, our ever present, ever ingorned Knowledge Base has the answer:

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/9323-adding-weapons-to-sfwovwoe-a-tutorial/

enjoy! :grin:

wrench

kevin stein

Here is a re-render of my question. Nato put a weaponeditor app and a guneditor app in my WOE directory. I tried adding a aircraft that did not come with NATO. I tried adding the weapons into the game according to the readmes instructions. When I try to open the weaponeditor to save a new weapon data file, the editor does not open. I hope that might clear up my question.

ok, I see now!!

I'm assuming you're installing to WoE with the 08 patch? If so, that'll require the newer Weapons Editor (2/20/08, iirc). It should be in the downloads section under "Utilites". Run it in compatability for Winge95 (again, iirc!!!), and that should fix it.

Same for the gun editor, but the old one STILL works in the 08 level. Just run in compatability.

if the WepEd that came with the d/l is NOT dated 08, just toss it out.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I just checked it, and is't datted 2/20/08. Is it possible I might have to reinstall it by getting it from here?