Hey guys, I'm tinkering with the latest F-14 vapes and trying to add them to the F-4(Perfect for those HOT HUMID HIGH DENSITY ALT. days in Nam) Haven't figured out what .ini edits are needed, but when I do I'll post. Just curious if this was tried by anyone else and if it worked!?

It's simple. The effect is triggered by G-loading, exactly as the default wingtip vortices are. The only issue is placement. Keep the following paradigm in mind and you should have no problems: X,Y,Z

X = longitudinal coordinates, with + for all forward of the model's center, "0" at center, and - numbers for coords aft of the model center.

Y = transverse (span-wise) coordinates, with + values right of center, "0" at center, and - values left of center.

Z = values in elevation, with + for all coords above the model centerline, "0" at center, - for all coord values below the centerline.

All values are in meters.

Thanks for the help Fubar! BTW, where is the entry for the wingtip vortices for stock aircraft? For example, for stock aircraft is there a F-4B effects .ini file that I have to extract from one of the objectdata00X files to edit? Thanks again!

Thanks for the help Fubar! BTW, where is the entry for the wingtip vortices for stock aircraft? For example, for stock aircraft is there a F-4B effects .ini file that I have to extract from one of the objectdata00X files to edit? Thanks again!

If you mean where the effect is placed, that's typically declared in the outer wing panels of most aircraft data .ini files, and yes, the ones for the default models are compressed into the objectdata.cat (as this is the SF1-series board, we're dealing with a single object catalog file here). As to where the stock wingtip vortice effect itself is, well, that would be in the particle system.ini file.

If you mean where the effect is placed, that's typically declared in the outer wing panels of most aircraft data .ini files, and yes, the ones for the default models are compressed into the objectdata.cat (as this is the SF1-series board, we're dealing with a single object catalog file here). As to where the stock wingtip vortice effect itself is, well, that would be in the particle system.ini file.

Kaboom! Thanks Fubar

img00005.jpg