Sign in to follow this  
Chaser617

Adding a 'back seat' to the F-22

Ok, I know this is a weird one but this was a request from a friend that wanted some images for a story she is writing. Basically she was wanting a navalized 'two seat' version of the Raptor (yes, I know, not at all well suited for carrier ops but its what she wants). I was wondering if it was a quick INI mod to add the GiB or if it would require actual modle modding, if its the latter I'm going to give it up right here, if its the former any tips on it or if the Raptor has enough 'room' in the cockpit to add a second seat.

fer starters you would need a different LOD for a two seat raptor tho i think there might be one on the Gen 1 downloads section. not just a ini edit. as the Raptor stands right now you put in on not get in it. no room for second seat. finally the F-23 would have been way better for the NATF winner but oh well.

Wow a Chaser617 sighting....very rare anymore.

I know, I've had crud for time. Good Lord I miss things around here, and, well I miss goofing off even in just the boards with people. I think I've had more computer problems than anything else recently, I've burned through about three installs of SF2 and still haven't gotten SF2I yet.

Welp, if its going to take more than an ini slash and hack to make a 2seater raptor I'm just going to drop that little project

It's not totally unfeasable to change the model, but I would fear the backlash from the hard core Tomcat lovers... :lol:

It's not totally unfeasable to change the model, but I would fear the backlash from the hard core Tomcat lovers... :lol:

Eh, My theory on that has always been if they don't like it they don't have to download it, and I'm a tomcat lover myself. Besides the 'Sea Raptor' is really a creation this friend she liked the idea of there being two types of jets flying of a carrier but when I showed her a picture of the NAFT swing-wing she absolutely hated how it looked.

Edited by Chaser617

reminds me of ATF/Fighters Anthology ... there was a Sea Raptor in ther (albeit single seat)

wrench

kevin stein

Would this work?

It's an F-22 derivative, after all.

post-9221-12755159431919.jpg

If it's just a photograph (or two) then 'photoshop' is the way to go. This guy is about the best.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,26120.0.html

Some wicked stuff on that thread.

Now that is one coolio thread!

I see where you get your not-so-warped ideas from.

Some the oddities there? Truly warped, but the majority are very cool!

Would this work?

It's an F-22 derivative, after all.

Unfortunately Julhelm that was the aircraft I showed her that she thought was completely ugly.