Sign in to follow this  
Oakster

A-10 cockpit help

Hello,

i'm doing a reskin for the stock A-10 cockpit in Lockon, my motivation is to improve the readability of instruments and the overall look of the cockpit.

Here are some screenshots of work in progress:

Frontpanel

Rightpanel

Leftpanel

there is something i need help with, i have no detail reference material on the struts holding the windscreen (tinted red):

detailneeded.jpg

Does anyone have a closeup photo (or blueprint) of this area? I searched the net from high to low, but couldn't find something suitable. Another Q i have- almost all cockpit photos on the net show A-10 instrument panels in a rather "beaten up" shape, would this be more representative for a mission AC than the rather clean textures i'm currently using? I'm trying to get this as authentic as possible, any help, especially critisism of those who worked with or have flown the A-10, is much appreciated.

best regards

Oakster

Edited by Oakster

i couldn't find any good picture to help you on my first try but i'll keep looking.

A beat up cockpit would be cool, there beat up pretty bad. I'd take some pic's but I'd get in alot of trouble>

LiLbear dont they let you guys take pics??? or is that pretty much a no no

are you tottaly restricted from doing that? Oakster that looks great bro

Edited by HAmmer

We can take pic's, but we have to get permission, which is a pain. I could sneek some. (I never said that) You would think they would'nt care with the A-10, but they do. We had a F-117 in our hanger last week, I got to get up close and look at it, but they said DON'T TOUCH IT! The Air Force is strick even with their own troop's. :ph34r:

WoW i'd give my left nut to see and f-117 close up... you lucky bastard :)

Oakster,

Try Diceman's web site (www.warthogpen.com), he has a lot of pics there. If he doesn't, email him. he may have what you need sitting around at home.

A10Instructor

Hi Instructor and welcome to BIohaz

I tried searching Dice's site but there is only one pic there of the cockpit and in that angle more or less- and that is pretty low res. I tried taking it through photoshop as well to see if i i could bring out more texture in it but there wasn't enough info to do much good

Oakster,

Just send him an email on exactly what you are looking for.

If he doesn't have handy, I'm prety sure he can get it.

A10Instructor

Oakster,

Just send him an email on exactly what you are looking for.

If he doesn't have handy, I'm prety sure he can get it.

A10Instructor

Hint hint nudge nudge.

Oakster how's the cockpit coming along? any progress?