Sign in to follow this  
Olham

ILA Berlin 2010 - Internationale Luftfahrtausstellung

ILA 2010 Berlin

This year there is an ILA in Berlin again. (8. - 13. Juni 2010)

Modern aircraft are getting presented and flown there, civil and military.

The airshows offer a wide spread from today's most recent developments back to WW1.

Last time I was there, I saw the gigantic Airbus A380 performing some incredible manoeuvers.

It didn't have any seats built in, and the tanks were only filled enough for the takeoff, airshow

and landing at Schönefeld airport again, and you wouldn't believe, what these big ones can

do under such conditions.

I also saw a flying replica of the Messerschmidt Me262 jet fighter (original size),

a restored Messerschmidt Bf109 G in flight, Russian WW2 Yak fighters, a Chance Vought "Corsair"

flying, and later folding up the wings for parking; a North American Mustang D; a B25 "Billy Mitchell",

and many more interesting war planes.

This year, there will be a flying Fokker Dr.1 ! If I can make it possible on Friday, I'll go.

Love the 'Historical' german registration number :lol:

D-das

E-eest

F-ooking

T-Triplane

J-Ja?

:lol:

It reads:

D - Die (The)

E - Engländer (Crumpets)

F - fürchten (fear)

T - teutonische

J - Jagdflieger (fighter pilots)

Mmuahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!! tease.gif

Edited by Olham

Guest British_eh

Sounds Great Olham.

Would it be possible to find out who owns the Dr, and forward their contact info? Perhaps even a picture, looking from the tail end, through and over the front cowling, the pilots view line, if you are able to get close, or have a telephots lens, would be super!

Do you know if it is a full sized aircraft?

Have fun.

Cheers,

British_eh

Edited by British_eh

If one ignores obviously made-up ones like G-BOAC on a Concorde, I find the best ever British reg was G-EAOU on a famous Vickers Vimy.

Sounds Great Olham.

Would it be possible to find out who owns the Dr, and forward their contact info?

Perhaps even a picture, looking from the tail end, through and over the front cowling, the pilots view line,

if you are able to get close, or have a telephots lens, would be super!

Do you know if it is a full sized aircraft?

I probably won't go - I'll have to work on friday and maybe even saturday.

The aircraft is original size and built after original plans, with the exception of the radial SIEMEN SH engine.

No idea, who the owner is, but you could google "ILA Fokker Dr.1" and see, if you find something.