Sign in to follow this  
Spad13

Decals not showing up.

I had originally addressed this to Quack, since it's mostly his skins I'm downloading. But then I realized others might know the answer to my problem. But I can't figure out how to re-edit my original post to change the topic (durn noobs!). So here it is:

1. I downloaded Skunkworks Pfalz DIII and DIIIas.

2. I installed them into my objects, aircraft folders.

3. When I went into FE2, the planes show up in the directory.

4. But the airplanes don't have any crosses on their wings.

I've tried putzing around, and comparing it to the other folders I have. In every prior instance, when I downloaded a plane, it was complete with roundels or crosses or whatever. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Since these are the first A-1 planes, I've downloaded, I'm thinking I overlooked something. I read the "readme"s, but can't seem to find where I messed up. Can anybody tell me what I did wrong? A screenshot of my Windows Explorer on how it's set up on my PC is on the "Help me Quack" thread. I appreciate your assistance.

screenshotpfalz.jpg

Not trying to dodge your question, it's just these guys really do explain things better than I do. This article deals with SF2, but the file structure is the same as FE2. Scroll down and you'll find a section on making sure decals show up.

http://combatace.com...e-by-migbuster/

Edited by Heck

The original Pfalz D.III skins from Skunkworks dont have a Decal structure that work like the stock FE aircraft. open any of the original Skunkworks Pfalz D.III skins' Decals.ini files and you'll see a line for each mesh that says

Blue Max / D/ Tcross or something like that.

Now you have to include the aircraft's full name first like this

PfalzD3/ Blue Max/ D/ TCross.

But also for FE2 the decal folder "D" that contains the decals has to be placed into a separate location in the the , Example, C/Users/ name/Saved Games/ThirdWire/ FirstEagles/Objects/ Decals/ PfalzD3/BlueMax/ D

In the "Objects" folder creat a "Decals" folder. Place all your aircraft name folders in here with ONLY their "D" folders.

try this.

The original Pfalz D.III skins from Skunkworks dont have a Decal structure that work like the stock FE aircraft. open any of the original Skunkworks Pfalz D.III skins' Decals.ini files and you'll see a line for each mesh that says

Blue Max / D/ Tcross or something like that.

Now you have to include the aircraft's full name first like this

PfalzD3/ Blue Max/ D/ TCross.

But also for FE2 the decal folder "D" that contains the decals has to be placed into a separate location in the the , Example, C/Users/ name/Saved Games/ThirdWire/ FirstEagles/Objects/ Decals/ PfalzD3/BlueMax/ D

In the "Objects" folder creat a "Decals" folder. Place all your aircraft name folders in here with ONLY their "D" folders.

try this.

You are a genuis! Turns out all's I had to do is add "PfalzD3 to the /Blue Max/D/TCross, and VOILA! they're there! Much obliged! heat.gif