Sign in to follow this  
flameout513

New Member Downloads

:grin:I am a new member and limited to 4 downloads every 24 hours. I understand about limited bandwidth and controlling the number of downloads but at 59 I may not have the time to download addon aircraft. What can I do to increase my access to the SF2 addon aircraft downloads?

Guest rscsjsuso5

1. you can post interesting topics to increase your post count thus increasing your status thus increase a possible chance of more download rather than 4.

2. you can buy a subscription just ask the admin for help

3. their are a lot of aircraft from other sites, i have an easy question for you - what is your interest ? say you like nato planes go to column5 say you like Warsaw pact planes go to column5 . if you like helicopter go to ateam site and same goes for ww2 and ww1 planes go to ateam site.

http://www.thirdwire.com/community.htm

http://library.avsim.net/

hope this help

I like the aircraft associated with SF2 and the skins, weapons pack etc. I have been to column 5 and downloaded those addon associated with SF2, Mirage Factory makes some great models and I have some of them.

Your site is one of the best that I have seen for any simulations and it is loaded with great downloads. Maybe a subscription would be the answer but my funds are limited disabled Vietnam vet VA monthly comp and retirement only USMC retired.

I like the aircraft associated with SF2 and the skins, weapons pack etc. I have been to column 5 and downloaded those addon associated with SF2, Mirage Factory makes some great models and I have some of them.

Your site is one of the best that I have seen for any simulations and it is loaded with great downloads. Maybe a subscription would be the answer but my funds are limited disabled Vietnam vet VA monthly comp and retirement only USMC retired.

I just finished upgrading the site software and one of the issues still being resolved is the download manager. Some of the issues being worked on include the use of download managers (accelerators). This applies to a lot of members who use Internet Explorer and have a download manager installed and probably don't even know it since it's a common add-on to IE. Specifically what happens is the browser opens multiple download requests for the same file and each request is logged as a downloaded file. All techie talk aside it's something I'm aware of and it's being worked on. It should also be mentioned that it's an issue taking high priority right now.

Your input is important and we thank you for that.

Erik

I use MSN which has a download manager, hence, the problem you mentioned. I realize that until you can get everything worked out we I need to be a little more patience.

Semper Fi

Yup. Just to double check I ran a report and it shows 2 sometimes 4 downloads of the same file which is how the download managers are showing up in the logs. I'm pretty certain if you look at your download history here: My Downloads you'll see the same thing.

Erik

I am actually downloading only once but it looks like it has been downloaded twice - the download manager???

Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeing in the logs. 2 counts sometimes 4 counts for the same file caused by the download manager.

ok well I will have to wait, not my strong suit, but it is a problem you are aware and working on so at least I can support you in any way I can until it is fixed. Thanks

I kinda like mannie's idea. Toss some money into the kitty and get immediate return for your investment.

Jugs agreement with manny is okay with me what is a subscription rate for full access to the site downloads?

Subscriptions

Link above.

Since this is a rewrite of the code base running the downloads I'm at the mercy of the forum software developer. They are aware of the problem and a fix may come as soon as the next release but there are no guarantees. The other obvious solution is to turn your download manager off, uninstall it, or change to a browser like Firefox which doesn't have a download manager installed in the stock distribution.

Again the problem isn't the downloads or how the files are counted but how the files are requested in ranges by browser download managers / accelerators.

Sorry for the hassle, again, but we're on it.

Your input is valuable, thanks for reporting this issue.

Erik

Flameout. Send me a pm please. You said you are a vet. I have a few questions and a solution I think you will like.

Another option is to DL another browser, such as Firefox, that will not have a DL manager that will let you get files at a straight 1-to-1 ratio according to the board.