Sign in to follow this  
lizardgun

F-16 Mirage Factory flight model query?

Hi all

I've been thoroughly enjoying the extra goodness that NF4+ brings to SF2E recently, but I'm concerned/confused over the F-16A flight model. Its a Mirage Factory addon and would appear to be incredibly twitchy... the end result being lots of mid-air stalls and flat spins.

Now, it might just be that my flying style needs to adjust after playing with the default aircraft for too long (which I suspect having played other flight sims) have a very 'noob friendly' flight model. But part of me is worried that the addon didn't install correctly?

Does anybody else have any feedback on the flight model of this addon?

Cheers

Lizard

The MF F-16A is designed to work in Hard Flight Mode. If you are flying it under any other setting, they cannot guarantee the results. If you have SF2I, you can extract the F-16A Netz data and compare data/copy over the data to the MF F-16A.

The MF F-16A is designed to work in Hard Flight Mode. If you are flying it under any other setting, they cannot guarantee the results. If you have SF2I, you can extract the F-16A Netz data and compare data/copy over the data to the MF F-16A.

Thanks for the info, I have been flying in hard mode so I guess what I'm experiencing is what the mod maker(s) intended. I guess I'm just going to have a to be a lot more gentle with the stick.

The current MF F-16 FM was created before the '08 patch. The '08 patch introduced a whole slew of new parameters, most of them having to due with post-stall behavior. So, in short, the FM is not compatible with either the '08 patch, or the second generation of TW sims.

Here's Kreelin's FM update for the post Sept. 08 patch. I thought NF4+ already included it.

http://kreelin.free.fr/

Edited by suhsjake

IIRC we did add that updated FM.

Thanks for the warning on the patches, is there any way to tell whether the version of NF4+ I downloaded includes the F-16 flight model that is compatible with Feb 2010 version of SF2E?

NF4+ is compatible with the June 2009 patch only. (Per the readme) Also those FM's for the F-16 I used I believe were kreelins latest from the link above. Which is good to 08 patch standards.

NF4+ is compatible with the June 2009 patch only. (Per the readme

)

Fair enough, although as I bought SF2E only a few weeks ago it came with the Feb 2010 patch already applied.

Still, the 'sensitive' flight model isn't too bad now that I've been flying it for a few days. In fact, if anything, it feels more realistic than many of the games default flight models, which seem very forgiving.

My next task will be to get the mod to May 2010 standards.

My next task will be to get the mod to May 2010 standards.

Superb, thanks for all your great work so far drinks.gif