Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Nordiques and Jets returning to NHL?

Good too see some of the old school teams coming back.

Yep, i remember those 80's days with hartford vs boston. back then, it was just the Adams division. Guys like Gord Kluzack, Rick Middleton, jay miller adn doug keans as goalie made it a physical game. Just cant identify too much with the talent of today.

I hear yeah. I'm old school NHL too. Still watch it religiously though.

I agree.. it would be great to see those old teams back in the NHL mix. Watching the Winnipeg Jets become the Phoenix Coyotes was brutal.... I mean hockey... in Arizona? Then having Canada, the true mother of the sport stripped of these historical teams is another debate about money, it's vaule not to the fan, but to the owner.

Bring 'em back and bring back the outdoor arenas as well.

Just like the Super Bowl in New Jersey (New New York Annex), these cold weather sports belong in cold weather.

OvS

I'm curious to know if American hockey fans dispise Gary Bettman, the same way Canadians do...........there has been so many serious attempts to get some of the teams back to Canada and Mr.Bettman seem hell bent on blocking EVERY attempt, and I take his remarks in that write as........questionable at best.

Hartford Whalers . . HELL . . Today we'll call'em the Hartford Welfarers, check for Green Cards as they enter the rink. Hartford can no longer support a Hockey team. All the light manufacturing. as well as the shoe factories are in China. It WAS a bedroom community for NYC, those jobs are gone as well. Tradition is great, . . . but the bill can be costly. Screw the fans . . 99% of them are TV fans anyway

I Had a Newspaper Page . . The Headline Said: RANGERS vs. FLYERS at the Garden 11 Hospitalized . . or . . JD in Net. or Eddie chanted over and over, Or the Swedes with the new thing HELMETS

Hockey Today is Big Business . . Plus the rules had to be changed, before a cross-check ended somebody's career or worse

The Human Body can only absorb so much, and the players just got tooo Big and Fast

Question . . . . . Is Don Cherry still around ?

Oh yeh!!!.......for those who don't know him, check this out

If you wish to be entertained by some tongue-in-cheek hockey action, rent the DVD 'Slap Shot'

And Here's a little of the real thing

Probably the best Defensive pairing Hockey has ever seen... the 'Scotts of New Jersey' in the late 90's. Stevens and Neidermeyer. Now toss in Claude Lemeuix, and you're talking some serious hitting.

Been a Devs fan since those ugly ass Xmas uniforms..

OvS