Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Can't hit the broadside of a barn to save my life...

Well, I qualified on both the M-9 and M-4 today. Did ok with the M-9, but after 4 attempts with the M-4, I still could not qualify. I do not know what's wrong, or why I can't seem to get my aim on. I was able to qualify last time. For some reason this time is just a freaken joke. Infact, on my 4th try, I only got four hits on target (plus the wind was blowing the targets around pretty well by this point in the day). I'm really really mad at myself right now. Perhaps turning 30 is doing me over, like when I turned 13 and my eyesight went from 20/15 to 20/210 in one week.

I think I shoulda been around in the Middle Ages...cannot shoot a gun straight for love or Money...but I can take your eye out with a Bow

With a tag like serverandenforcer you should know this s**t by now.

Yeah, I should. This is the first time that I've ever had this much problem with shooting. Really irritated over it.

Patience I used to use up a Months supply on the Range sometimes... see it this way you can throw the M4 at them to distract them then hit them with the M9... job done... I know how it feels somedays you can hit everything other days its a WTF day... best to get the WTF days out of the way on the range and then on the bad days at the office its your opponent who gets the bad day...

Can't hit the broadside of a barn to save my life...

It's a good thing you'll never be attacked by one. drinks.gif

Edited by shotdown

Oh, this takes me back to my qualification in the Swedish "Volentary Officer Training" with the G3A3 (Ak4).

I was so nervous about qualifying that on the longer ranges, my shoulder was moving too much for me to get a steady aim.

It could have been worse my friend. At least you didn't end up doing this:

post-29988-056406800 1276087263.jpg

Women. :tongue:

Anyway, considering my own "mediocre" shooting skills I find interesting that I'm usually better with a rifle than with a pistol. Then again, it depends all on scenario, shooting position etc.

If they make a gun with a mouse interface I'll be tops! Otherwise, I'm quite bad at it. :grin:

I just found out that my rear sights were not setup right. They were placed too far forward, right next to the M-68 sights. The armorer had them placed back by the charging handles and told me that is probably the main reason why I couldn't hit anything. He went over some of my fundamentals and made some minor corrections to what I was doing. However, the new postion of the rear sight is what I noticed being the big difference out of everything else. So I think I'm good to go for shooting tomorrow.

Well, I qualified yesterday. So I'm good to go. However, I'm still not happy with how I shot. So I'm in the market of purchasing a M-4, preferably with a rail system so I can attach a front grip. Of course, I could always use the magazine well instead, but front grips are more comfortable :smile:

Edited by serverandenforcer

Well, I qualified yesterday. So I'm good to go. However, I'm still not happy with how I shot. So I'm in the market of purchasing a M-4, preferably with a rail system so I can attach a front grip. Of course, I could always use the magazine well instead, but front grips are more comfortable :smile:

I got an Rock River M4, bare boned though. Shoots very well outta box.

Falcon

Well, I found a CMMG M-4 LE at coldwarshooters.com for $799.00, and I get a 5% discount because of my military status. However, because I'm in the People's Republic of Kalyforniya, I have to get a department letter head from my unit, stating that it's purchase is for duty purpouse only and not for resale.