Sign in to follow this  
Raven229a

Missing USN squadron decals on the Germany terrain

I successfully added carriers and US and FAA carrier-based squadrons to all the fictional stock European campaigns. Unfortunately, the USN squadron decals will not show on the stock aircraft (for example: F-4B, A-4C, or F-8E). National and kill decals still work, as does the USNGrey series skins. While this is just a cosmetic problem, it's annoying because I can get the squadron markings to work on all the other stock campaigns.

the terrain dosen't care what service flys over it ... in other words, look to the object cats for you missing decals.

Also, double check the decals inis ... in a full merged install, EVERYTHING is available, so perhaps it a decals level being "off"

Also, stock aircraft or 3rd party??? , as the SF2 Series handles decals in a different way from 1st Gens

Have you edited the campaing ini to add the squadrons represented by the aircraft? Is the Squadronlist. up to date??

more info, please

wrench

kevin stein

I don't think that this would be related to skins or decal.ini files of the aircraft in question on a fully merged install, as all campaigns in any version of SF2 would use the same skin.

I would rather look at the campaign files, whether you linked units with the proper squadron number. Remember, you need to use the squadronlist to get the stock squadron decals to show up in a campaign

VF-103 snuck into the 1962 Red Thunder campaign in SF2E:

post-22093-045140200 1276018672.jpg

Some excerpts from the Campaign.ini:

[uSNUnit002]

UnitName=VF-62 'Boomerangs' (this unit uses a 3rd party skin)

ForceID=1

UnitID=30

[uSNUnit003]

Squadron=VF103 (this unit uses a stock skin)

ForceID=1

UnitID=31

From Campaign_data: (this actually the important part)

[AirUnit030]

AircraftType=F-8C_MF_L

UnitName=VF-62 'Boomerangs' <- doesn't use the Squadronlist

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

StartDate=10/30/1962

DefaultTexture=VF62_68

StartNumber=0

[AirUnit031]

AircraftType=F-8E

Squadron=VF103 <- uses the squadronlist...stock squadron decals won't show up if you don't use that

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

StartDate=10/30/1962

DefaultTexture=USNGrey1

StartNumber=50

Edited by Gocad

the terrain dosen't care what service flys over it ... in other words, look to the object cats for you missing decals.

Also, double check the decals inis ... in a full merged install, EVERYTHING is available, so perhaps it a decals level being "off"

Also, stock aircraft or 3rd party??? , as the SF2 Series handles decals in a different way from 1st Gens

Have you edited the campaing ini to add the squadrons represented by the aircraft? Is the Squadronlist. up to date??

more info, please

wrench

kevin stein

To answer your post:

-My version of SF2 is a merged install

-The loss of USN squadron markings is happening only on the three European campaigns

-The USN Squadron markings work just fine in Single Missions on the German terrain

-The loss of USN Squadron markings happens to both stock and 3rd party aircraft

-The squadron format in both campaign.ini and campaign_data.ini is exactly the same as the stock squadrons

-I used already existing squadrons where ever possible and added the squadrons I needed to the squadronlist.ini

To answer your post:

-My version of SF2 is a merged install

-The loss of USN squadron markings is happening only on the three European campaigns

-The USN Squadron markings work just fine in Single Missions on the German terrain

-The loss of USN Squadron markings happens to both stock and 3rd party aircraft

-The squadron format in both campaign.ini and campaign_data.ini is exactly the same as the stock squadrons

-I used already existing squadrons where ever possible and added the squadrons I needed to the squadronlist.ini

Post your campaign files then...my pic above clearly shows that you do get USN Squadron decals to show up in one of the European stock campaigns. And I'm using a merged install as well.

To be honest, addon skins rarely make use of the squadronlist to get the squadron specific deacls to show up.

Edited by Gocad

Post your campaign files then...my pic above clearly shows that you do get USN Squadron decals to show up in one of the European stock campaigns. And I'm using a merged install as well.

To be honest, addon skins rarely make use of the squadronlist to get the squadron specific deacls to show up.

Here is my campaign files for the 1962 European campaign. I had to convert them to text files, because it wouldn't allow me to upload them as ini files. All of the content is the same.

CAMPAIGNE1.txt

CAMPAIGNE1_DATA.txt

Here is my campaign files for the 1962 European campaign. I had to convert them to text files, because it wouldn't allow me to upload them as ini files. All of the content is the same.

I thought so...you're using 'UnitName' instead of 'Squadron' for the stock Navy skins

i.e.

[AirUnit078]

AircraftType=A-4C

UnitName=VA23

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

DefaultTexture=USNGrey1

The game can only call up the stock squadron decals when you use Squadron=, which refers to a unit in the squadronlist. UnitName= on the other hand lets you enter just about anything, but has no connection to the squadronlist...I had mentioned that already in my first post.