Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Beautiful Video about an Albatros D V

Here is a wonderfully made video, showing and explaining a large scale model

of the Albatros D.Va, with all functional parts.

You won't find a better insight into this aircraft and it's controlls! Enjoy!

PS: Here is the video showing the whole model in flight.

Shoot it down!...damned Huns! :lol:

(joking aside...great Videos..thanks Olham) :drinks:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

It would be really cool if someone flew it with a mini video camera in place of the pilot wouldn't it?

And there was me thinking it was one of these Albatrosses...

But it still looks good all the same... :clapping:

Edited by Slartibartfast

No pressure flying that model at the park, eh? Imagine landing it wrong and writing the whole thing off after the months and months of work put into it? Crikey! heat.gif

No pressure flying that model at the park, eh? Imagine landing it wrong and writing the whole thing off after the months and months of work put into it? Crikey! heat.gif

Building and flying RC scale models is a labor of love and a lot of patience. Most of us in this part of the hobby do research on the planes and the people who flew them. The WW I era was interesting, very young men flew these planes into combat and died at an early age. We also like to fly what we build, don't like hanger queens. There are many RC Dawn Patrol events around the country that feature large ( 1/4 scale & larger) scale WW I airplanes. The Dawn Patrol Rendezvous hosted by the USAF Museum in Dayton Ohio every-other year draws many, still flying, full scale WW I aircraft and scale modelers from across the country and some from foreign countries. This event is always the high-lite of the year. WW I aviation is what brought to flying OFF. The best of both worlds!

Here are some pictures of two WW I airplanes I built & fly, both are 1/4 scale. The Fokker D VII is modeled from Oblt. Erich Lowenhardt airplane, it is hand painted with many detail scale features. In the last year & half it has won 4 major awards at Dawn Patrol events. The Sopwith Pup is also 1/4 scale hand painted with many scale details. It has won 2 major awards. Both airplanes are powered with gasoline engines and they fly fantastic

Rich.

post-56456-001681500 1276048865.jpg

post-56456-083106100 1276048925.jpg

post-56456-003176700 1276048994.jpg

post-56456-054277200 1276049074.jpg

post-56456-037706600 1276049139.jpg

post-56456-082999200 1276049158.jpg

Those are beautiful models with lots of loving hours involved. Thanks Jwrich

Wonderful work, jwrich! It must be fun to be able to fly those.

I tried to do that on a RC model flight simulation in a big model shop.

They had it installed with a huge screen, so you could actually try to handle the stearing box.

I must admit, I crashed about 20 planes, until I managed to do a landing!

Useful sim - you wouldn't want to crash 20 hand built models...