Sign in to follow this  
Tippers

MP error message - Help required

I'm trying to host my own game to fly against a friend over the internet. I've followed Sitting Duck's excellent guide and I get to the point where I start the game. At this point I get the message:

Control "browser" isn't found in the dialog "dlgMP_DogFightScores.xml"

I've searched these forums and also Google'd the error but I can't find any info about it. Has anyone come across this error before or is anyone able to help me troubleshoot it?

Any help is gratefully received!

*edited for spelling

Edited by Tippers

I'm trying to host my own game to fly against a friend over the internet. I've followed Sitting Duck's excellent guide and I get to the point where I start the game. At this point I get the message:

Control "browser" isn't found in the dialog "dlgMP_DogFightScores.xml"

I've searched these forums and also Google'd the error but I can't find any info about it. Has anyone come across this error before or is anyone able to help me troubleshoot it?

Any help is gratefully received!

*edited for spelling

I've done a lot of multiplayer but not seen that one yet. I suggest you search your OFF folder for that file and move it out somewhere temporarily to see if the game can repair itself/generate another file. Don't delete it in case you need to put it back.

I've done a lot of multiplayer but not seen that one yet. I suggest you search your OFF folder for that file and move it out somewhere temporarily to see if the game can repair itself/generate another file. Don't delete it in case you need to put it back.

I checked my OFF folder and the rest of my hard drive and apparently I do not have a copy of dlgMP_DogFight_Scores.xml anywhere on my PC. I'll try to create/restore a copy from somewhere and then see if that has any affect on the error.

I should have added on the original post that I'm running Windows7 but with all things OFF related running compatibility mode for XP SP3.

You may want to read the stickies at SoH about Win 7 and Vista connecting in MP : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

There's a wealth of info there and maybe something else you need to do. We are flying XP and Vista 32 & 64 together but it doesn't hookup without some extra steps to the Vista machines.

I'll check my HD later today for that file.

Here's two files from my installation: "dlgmp_dogfightscores.xml" and "dlgmp_teamdogfightscores.xml"

Not saying this will fix it but try putting the one you need into your "dialogs" folder and see what happens.

http://drop.io/qgvhxgr

Many thanks. I'm pretty busy the next couple of days but as soon as I get the chance I'll take a look at all this. I'll post how I get on once I have done so.

Ok, done a complete re-install now and the files are in place but when I go into multi-player the German medal to configure a dogfight server is now missing, so I can't even get as far as I was before the error!

Ok, now sorted the medal issue. I'm running on a clean install of BH&H at the moment, haven't installed HitR as yet, and I'm back to the original error. The box it displays in is headed ImguiX and it's back to - Control "browser" isn't found in the dialog "dlgMP_DogFightScores.xml"

When I finished the re-install the file was actually there this time but still the error... :-(

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Ok, done a complete re-install now and the files are in place but when I go into multi-player the German medal to configure a dogfight server is now missing, so I can't even get as far as I was before the error!

I'd guess it's a Windoze 7 issue. I'm running XP and have no knowledge of that OS. Go to SoH and read the Win7/Vista mp issues topics there and good luck.

Ok, heading back there for a look-see. Many thanks for your time on this! :-)

Tippers,,,was wondering if you got squared away.

did a search on that imguix box, and there are some posts that say you can get a virus, and it overwrites that file.

at any rate, suggest going to www.malwarebytes.org, and getting their free scanner.

and, you can go to http://www.dll-files-download.com/I/2008-01-13/7300.html, and get a new imguix.dll file.

Thanks for that sitting_duck. Pretty sure my PC is clean as I'm meticulous about security but I'll check it out as a possibility. Not sorted so far as I've not had a chance to investigate any further since my last post but I'll post any results once I do get to take another look.

If you can take a screenshot of that window showing what you are getting, ane post it, it would be a help.

post-50324-015620900 1277643591.png

Comes just after clicking Start Game on the Host Game section of MP menu.

.If you have win7, there is a dll file you have to delete for MP to work (but dont think it gave the error you have)... http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#A5M its question q5m

one thing i noticed that seemed odd, is that your install should have the imguix.dll in two places....one is in your cfsww1 over flanders field directory, and the other is in cfsww1over flanders field\mb folder (thats the mission builder folder). But in my install, they have different dates.

might not hurt to rename your imguix.dll in your cfsww1 over flanders fields directory, and replace it with mine.

http://bhah.homeip.net:192/BHAH%20COMMON/imguix.dll

Sitting_duck I am completely in your debt. Used your imguix instead of mine and no error message!

I can now concentrate on getting hooked up with my mate for some initial dogfighting! :-)

Many, many thanks!

Tippers