Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

F-89 Scorpion Pack for SF2

F-89 Scorpion Pack for SF2

F-89 Scorpion Pak for SF2 6/4/2010

-- Version 2, 3/3/2016 --

This package includes the full set of F-89 Scorpions, from MontyCZ's original C & D version, PLUS the variant mods I'd created, giving the H, J (Early) and J (Late). The various readmes for the sub-variants are included in their specific aircraft folder, just for historical purposes.

This package has been peaked and tweeked for use in SF2 =ONLY=, and is NOT designed for use on SF/Wo* series 1st Gen sims. It makes use of certain elements found ONLY, and usable ONLY, in SF2.

Everything is included -aircraft, inis, skins, decals, weapons, pilots. =EXCEPT= a cockpit. Due to changes in SF2's internal coding, these aircraft now make use of the stock in-game F-4B via ini edits that through sorcery now reach back into the cat files, and create usable cockpits without the need of a cockpit folder. How this works, I don't know or care; but that it =does= is a wonderful thing!!

On such aircraft that have operating canopies (those that use the F-89D lod), the canopy works via the Standard Manual Animation Keystroke ™, shift/0.

This package is designed to REPLACE the original set, and will drop right over it, providing you have it already. If you don't, no worries! Just install as normal.

As always the standard, fairly easy to follow, yet detailed install instructions are included. Please READ them!

Good Hunting!
Wrench
Kevin Stein

Version 2:
See "Change Log" in the readme

Thanks Wrench!

excellent wrench. to this day the Scorpions are still one of my favorite mods and this update lets me keep on enjoying them. Thank you.

• Like 1

next on the list is Russo's Lightning Mk.6 ... although I may have to do a 'nationalized' Saudi version, cause of the above-wing Matra pods.

Still need to figure out a underwing pylon for the Saudi variant...

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench any chance of having access to the MAx files? It's one of those 50's beauties that need much deserved updates I'd say

• Like 3

I'd PM MontyCZ, and see if he still has them archived. It's been over 11 years since they were originally released ... we can only hope!

• Like 2

I do

• Like 1

Updated to Version 2, this date

please read the readme for full change log

• Like 1