Messing around with the Wpnssgt/Kesselbrut/USAFMTL A-10A in the Afghanistan map. Yes series 1, as this laptop just doesn't have the power to do SF2 justice.

Anyhow, the pitch authority was horrible. Sustained turns or climbs take forever and are not like the A-10s that I've seen in action.

So I edited this portion of each H-stabs:

CL0=-0.0047

CLa=0.1033

CD0=0.0006

Cmq=-1.2821

Cmad=-0.6161

Cyb=-0.0207

Clp=-0.0015

Cnb=0.0125

I'm liking what I see now, but I still hit a limit where the nose bobs a bit, like it's hit a limiter. Any further ideas? The stock WoE Hog has a similiar problem. It just kind of wallows through a turn, rather than the quick snaps they really do.

-Storm

P.S. I've got a new skin in the works for it also.

There are couple of things that will have a large impact on the aircraft's pitch rate.

Find the elevator subsections and look for the Cmdc line. This is the pitch moment due to control surface deflection, and will directly increase the moment generated by the elevator.

Also important is the Xac for the stabilizer. This is a table defining the exact aerodynamic center of the stab as its distance from the aircraft's center of gravity over a range of Mach numbers. It should look something like this:

XacMachTableNumData=27

XacMachTableDeltaX=0.10

XacMachTableStartX=0.00

XacMachTableData=-7.743,-7.744,-7.747,-7.752,-7.7857,-7.765,-7.774,-7.787,-7.806,-7.836,-7.790,-6.961,-7.034,-7.085,-7.126,-7.063,-7.207,-7.260,-7.305,-7.332,-7.355,-7.376,-7.397,-7.416,-7.435,-7.454,-7.472

On the A-10 of course you don't need to define this all the way up to Mach 2.7.

Make sure that the values are roughly correct for the A-10. Basically, this is going to tell the game how far from the center of gravity the Cmdc moment is going to be applied. The further back the more "leverage" the moment has, and the greater effect it will have.

Finally, look at the stall values on the wing sections:

AlphaStall=16.50

AlphaMax=30.00

AlphaDepart=35.00

For a straight-wing aircraft like the A-10, the AlphaStall shouldn't be any less than about 18 units, probably higher. You could copy the values from TK's A-10 to make sure they are good.

Hope that helps.

For a straight-wing aircraft like the A-10, the AlphaStall shouldn't be any less than about 18 units, probably higher. You could copy the values from TK's A-10 to make sure they are good.

18 "units" of AoA, corresponds to a true value of approximately 13-15 degrees of AoA, Don. TW sims use degrees, not units.

Thanks C5, gives me somthing else to look at. I'm no FM guru, but every little bit helps.

-S