Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

problems with nhancer

hi,

i'm using a GTX260 OC on win7 64 bit and current enhancer 64-bit.

i'm using the setting "combined 8x" it looks really great and FPS never drops beyond 50 or so.

BUT, when there is somewhere a burning and smoking AC it freezes completely and i have to reboot. strange thing is it doesn't freeze immediately but after a while or when getting really close to a smoking AC (or my own), so i think the cause must be a texture or something.

on every other nhancer setting it doesn't freeze but anything "non combined" just looks terrible and any other combined setting (4x, 8Q etc.) looks good and it does not freez, but when looking into clouds FPS drop into the low 20ies. so the only good setting is combined 8x, but there is the annoying freeze.

i have also tried older nvidia drivers with the same result. strangely when trying older nhancers 64 bit there appears an errormessage that some xml file is faulty or something.

does anybody has the same experience or a solution?

thank you in advance

hi,

i'm using a GTX260 OC on win7 64 bit and current enhancer 64-bit.

i'm using the setting "combined 8x" it looks really great and FPS never drops beyond 50 or so.

BUT, when there is somewhere a burning and smoking AC it freezes completely and i have to reboot. strange thing is it doesn't freeze immediately but after a while or when getting really close to a smoking AC (or my own), so i think the cause must be a texture or something.

on every other nhancer setting it doesn't freeze but anything "non combined" just looks terrible and any other combined setting (4x, 8Q etc.) looks good and it does not freez, but when looking into clouds FPS drop into the low 20ies. so the only good setting is combined 8x, but there is the annoying freeze.

i have also tried older nvidia drivers with the same result. strangely when trying older nhancers 64 bit there appears an errormessage that some xml file is faulty or something.

does anybody has the same experience or a solution?

thank you in advance

I never found a need for nhancer. Tried it once and it seems my games plus the standard nvidia control panel was enough. So when I reinstalled my OS this year I did not install it again. Could you get rid of nhancer to confirm that this is the problem or not?

I never found a need for nhancer. Tried it once and it seems my games plus the standard nvidia control panel was enough. So when I reinstalled my OS this year I did not install it again. Could you get rid of nhancer to confirm that this is the problem or not?

it is a nhancer problem because in every other nhancer-setting it didn't happen, but in the normal AA-enhancer mode it looks terrible and cartoonish (reason might also be that nhancer AA mode with 9...series of drivers doesn't work well, regarding to some google search) or in combined mode with something else as combined x8 the clouds drop the fps to low 20ies. haven't tried the nvidia control panel AA modes without nhancer yet. will do that as soon as i'm at home. nontheless i would like to have the combinded settings work because it makes the graphic look much more photorealistic than normal AA.

I used to be a fan of Nhancer...but they have f*cked it all up recently (imho)

found out it's not nhancer but supersampling. for some reason BHAH doesn't like Supersampling anymore. i tried it with normal control panel and it also froze. when trying with multisampling it works bt the shimmering etc is just ugly.

does anybody know why my gtx260 doesn't like SS anymore?

under xp 32 bit it always worked flawlessly. i also tried different drivers with no difference. sometimes i think they programmers just care for 32 bit and then they rush to also make some faulty driver for 64 bit rigs.

anybody a suggestion what to do?