I'm thinking about putting together a RED triple AAA pack for SF2I using the various AAA, mobile SAM's, and effects that were included in the SF2V Expansion Pack and NF4+. However, I'm not an expert on the theater and have no idea what should be included and when it should be there. Can anyone tell me when the following should show up in the theater:

SA-3

SA-9

SA-13

I think for most of the AAA (M1939, S-60, KS-12, etc...) the dates used in NF4+ will probably work.

Anything else that should be included? Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Edited by malibu43

Malibu43:

I've got all the AAA/SAMs already prepared for SF2I (done for my own SF2I install), including the new AAA units included in the just-released 1948-56 Mod for SF2I Suez Expansion Pack 1. You'd probably still want to verify dates with knowledgeable folks around here, but I could put my collection up for you to download and work off of (if you're interested).

Eric Howes

Nah... If you're already working on it I don't need to but in. You're probably more thorough than I am anyway grin.gif

I can help though if you want.

Moved to the correct section.

I've got a "newer-ish" S-60 coming out as soon as I finish bug testing the Lybia revamp. I based it off wingwinner M-1939, as it's a closer shape, and it's networked to the Fircans, as in Real Life ™. Also, some more networked AAA tubes, including the stock KS-19

the only thing is, you have to insert the firecans to the targets ini

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I've got a "newer-ish" S-60 coming out as soon as I finish bug testing the Lybia revamp. I based it off wingwinner M-1939, as it's a closer shape, and it's networked to the Fircans, as in Real Life . Also, some more networked AAA tubes, including the stock KS-19

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench if I'm not mistaken there is a true S-60 in one of the AAA packs,not the one based off of the KS-19.

I've got a "newer-ish" S-60 coming out as soon as I finish bug testing the Lybia revamp. I based it off wingwinner M-1939, as it's a closer shape, and it's networked to the Fircans, as in Real Life ™. Also, some more networked AAA tubes, including the stock KS-19

wrench

kevin stein

For the SF2V expansion pack, I believe we networked some of the AAA to FireCans, but rather than adding to the targets.ini, we made the FireCan an "EW_Radar" and set it to common or very_common. I believe the result was that it was placed in "EW_Radar" spots by the game engine, and I think it worked out alright. I think I'll try that route first for SF2I, since it's easier.

Malibu43:

Actually, Firecans have been individually placed in the Expansion Pack terrain. It was a time consuming process, but they are there. The Firecan ground objects are also marked as EW_Radar, so they show up that way as well.

Eric Howes

BUT...

dosen't that replace the EWRadars at SAM sites, where you'd have a Barlock or a Spoonrest associated with the SAM radars? Or did you double up on the EWRs at SAM sites? The game engine is still kinda "stupid" when it comes to that (to say nothing of having radars 'go stealth' on the RWRs occasionally, when hand placed -- another bit of coding that could use some tweeking)

Which is way I always placed them seperatly, usually nearby their associated AAA batteries. And yes, it's a major PIA!!! I feel the pain, brother! :blink:

so, where exactly IS the s-60??? in the expansion pak?

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench:

No, I didn't add more EW_Radars, but in my experience with the terrain, few actual EW_Radars are replaced with Firecans. And given the concentration of air bases in the Hanoi/Haiphong area, one or two less EW_Radars is no loss.

There are three S-60s in the Expansion Pack: a KS-60, an S-60, and an S-60_G. Two are Static_AAA and networked with the Firecans; the remaining one is a Mobile_AAA and not networked.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Actually, I just checked and the stock Barlock isn't even networked, so I don't think the game is set up so that EW radars are needed for SAM's to function (SAM's just need to be networked with a SAM_RADAR, which are placed separately from the EW's in the targets.ini). I think that is why I originally thought it was OK to let them be replaced by FireCans.

Malibu43:

The stock EW_Radars may not be networked, but the ones in the Expansion Pack are networked.

Eric Howes

here is a pic of the S-60 it is originaly from pasko's vehicle and AAA pack(pasko_euro_pak)

S60.jpg

Malibu43:

The stock EW_Radars may not be networked, but the ones in the Expansion Pack are networked.

Eric Howes

Yeah, I know. I was just pointing out that since the stock EW radars are not networked, EW radar networking is not required for SAM's to function properly.

Send me a PM if you want me to talk about working on and/or testing the AAA pack.

Actually, we DON'T have enough of "proper" EW-Radars for the SAMs we have; we're missing Long Track for one, and a bunch of others that are associated (ie: newtworked) with various Search/Track/etc SAM radars. Pity the game can't/dosen't handle the 'hand-off' from long range search to tracking to targeting to etc.

wrench

kevin stein

Kevin:

[MissionData]

NationName=SOVIET

ServiceStartYear=1953

ServiceEndYear=1980

GroundObjectRole=EW_RADAR

Availability=COMMON

Exported=TRUE

ExportStartYear=1960

ExportEndYear=1982

ExportAvailability=COMMON

[DetectSystem]

TargetType=AIR

RadarFamilyName=AAA

RadarSearchTime=5.0

RadarSearchRange=80000.0

RadarSearchStrength=40

RadarTrackTime=10.0

RadarTrackRange=35000.0

RadarTrackStrength=40

RadarPosition=0.0,0.0,2.30

RadarMinimumRange=500.0

RadarMinimumAlt=500.0

RadarSearchFreq=2.696

RadarCW=FALSE

RadarTrackFreq=2.860

OpticalSight=FALSE

MaxVisibleDistance=5000.0

RadarCrossSection=3

DataLink=TRUE

NetworkType=AAA

for the Son-9s, Ed?? or ??? or just 'generic' EWRs?? I like it though!!

wrench

kevin stein

for the Son-9s, Ed?? or ??? or just 'generic' EWRs?? I like it though!!

wrench

kevin stein

Those are the values for the SON-9A model, as per our recent discussion.