Sign in to follow this  
John Chorm

Assistance Please

I am trying to change my cfs3.xml file in the CFSWW1 OVER LLANDERS FIELDS/ default file to change <Graphics OldAircraftRender="No"MaxFPS="0"/. to an FPS 32 or higher. I have found the file as per jxeboys' post. Despite getting roughly 30-50 fps (lower over ther front in 1918) I am still getting very annoying "high speed stutters. I am riding sliders at 52231. Once in this file I still cannot seem to delete the "0" value and replace it . Is there a "text editor"? If so, I cannot find it. (AMD PHENOM X49750 Quad-core 8GBsys mem NVIDIA 9800) Iv'e defragged my hardrive and shut off all spyware unused programs etc but am still gettiong a 30-50 FPS stutter show. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.....signed simmer formerly known as johnnydrake (circa OFF 2005-2006)

Open the file with any text editor, such as Notepad or Wordpad, by right-clicking the file and choosing "Open with." Then search for the entry you want to change. Good luck.

I notice too that your processor is a Quad core.

This sim uses one core.

Do a search re cores in this sim because i'm prretty sure there is something to tweak to get your processor running faster.

Perhaps someone else who knows better what i am referring to will post to help you with this

I notice too that your processor is a Quad core.

This sim uses one core.

Do a search re cores in this sim because i'm prretty sure there is something to tweak to get your processor running faster.

Perhaps someone else who knows better what i am referring to will post to help you with this

True, and I have one as well. I did a number of tests using AMD Fusion and another program that allows you assign specific programs to specific cores. Saw NO difference in performance for OFF. In short = don't waste your time on that stuff.