• Mexico
    • United States
    • Argentina
    • Brazil
    • Chile
    • Uruguay
    • Portugal
    • England

I´m sorry i couldn´t include all the teams, i tried to fit them all, I put in those wich i saw more likely to do it

Edited by macelena

I´m sorry i couldn´t include all the teams, i tried to fit them all, I put in those wich i saw more likely to do it

And you put in England in there!!! :blink::rofl:

And you put in England in there!!! :blink::rofl:

True,.. true..

did i vote for the us? yes yes i did.

(always like rootin for the long shots)

There's no 'couldn't give a toss' option

idk, USA is going good, last year in the confederations cup they give us a hard during the game...

anyway....i'd vote for north korea hahah

We found out one thing with today's games.

France is going to have major problems with the top teams. If they couldn't put away a short handed Urugyuan side, can you imagine them against the elite?

It's too early to tell... by the looks of yesterday's Mexico/RSA game, the South Africans have a pretty good team. A little tweaking and they would have been up 3 nil easily.

But it most likely will be Brasil, Italy or Germany as the favorites.... with England, Mexico, Spain, Netherlands, and France right behind and the USA as a dark horse long-shot, but maybe will somehow get in the finals mix. We're just not there yet to take it all.

Im dissapointed Ireland and Scotland didn't make the final cut. I'd rather see them in there than Uraguay and Republic of Korea... or whatever the North Koreans are calling themselves now.

OvS

Edited by OvS

Boy, did i luck out as i was going to lay some bets down on Mexico and Greece but decided not to on Thursday.

Damn shame about Ireland. They had every right to be in South Africa but were denied by an evil hand.

Boy, did i luck out as i was going to lay some bets down on Mexico and Greece but decided not to on Thursday.

Damn shame about Ireland. They had every right to be in South Africa but were denied by an evil hand.

Maradona's gift to the world

Argentina for sure.

It looks like Spain could win this time, but I'll not believe it until I see it. After what I saw in 1994 and 2002 (Spain played very well but some "misterious events" left us out in the last moment) I prefer not to expect too much.

I would say Brasil first but they don't look as convincing this year, so I think Argentina might go through. Other American teams I don't think have that level of quality to compete for the 1st place.

From Europe my No1 favorite is Spain. They played seriously good on the last Euro and they are...well...really, really good.

Germany's team seems to be a bit too young for mayor achievements although Germany could probably win with 11 schoolgirls thanks to their supreme tournament mentality, anyway in upcoming years I expect Germany to kick some major butt once the young players gain expirience.

England is insanely strong however they have a nasty habit of scre*ing things up when they are least expected so this time I don't expect big things from them although they always have a team that is perfectly capable for final game.

Italy is always good but you never know what to expect, they could in the same time be world champions or fail to pass the first group, nobody knows lol

Other European teams IMO can't compete for the highest level at this moment.

African, Asian and other teams still have a long way to come to be able to seriosly compete with European and South American teams. Europe and South America is where football (soccer) is other parts of Earth yet have to catch up, closest being Africa...

Actually I think the first World Champions that are not from Europe or S.America will probably be from Africa but not this year..

The first world champion was Uruguay. In 1932.

Germany is a very strong team, came to the World Cup with players who already have experience in World Cup.

In South America, I would say that you pay attention to Chile and Paraguay.

Both are hungry for victory, Paraguay in American qualifiers for the World Cup when they faced to Brazil proved by a formidable team.

I'm watching the match Germany against Australia.

Tremendous goal of Podolsky, the Australian goalkeeper Schwarzer was misplaced.

Noooooo This is crazy.

4 A 0

GOLEADA !!!!!!

The first world champion was Uruguay. In 1932

Was in 1930, very long time ago jaja

I have hope that we pass the first stage..

Edited by WingZero

England is insanely strong however they have a nasty habit of scre*ing things up when they are least expected so this time I don't expect big things from them although they always have a team that is perfectly capable for final game.

Not sure about that after playing USA... they looked well matched. But again, a little bad luck on England's part created the 1-1 tie. But other than that mishap, we looked pretty evenly matched.

I wouldn't put SA out of it. They looked very well organized on the attack, and seemed very content is waiting for the right moment to make a run of the goal. They're very quick, and have some good players. I think they're a little weak at goal though.

I'm curious to see how both the US and UK rebound from the tie. The worst being USA thinking they have a little too much confidence. UK is pissed and I think the next victim will feel it pretty good.

OvS

France had very uneven performances these last years: not qualified in 1994, winner in 1998, fired out at first shots in 2002, semifinalist in 2006... If we stay on the same logical curse, we shall be ridiculous this year and awesome in 2016. It's amazing that here, we can't do anything good without a good kick in the butt for some times!

France had very uneven performances these last years: not qualified in 1994, winner in 1998, fired out at first shots in 2002, semifinalist in 2006... If we stay on the same logical curse, we shall be ridiculous this year and awesome in 2016. It's amazing that here, we can't do anything good without a good kick in the butt for some times!

I'm pretty sure that France will not match that Zidane Headbutt from a few years back haha

Hey what happened to Spain? lol.giflol.gif

where they went, those who believed they would win the World Cup?

It was a real interesting match!

With dood chances on both sides.

but the luck was with switzerland!

Spain was superior in anything but...accuracy. People keep saying it´s a great team, they play better and so, but what if you can get the ball through a rainbow? Switzers defense was dense, perfect to nail our people from doing anything, and they strike twice, scored once, so they won.

Yeah, our team play with the ball nice and so, they were almost allways up, but they couldn´t end the job. Switzers got a couple of chances, and they used one, so it is perfectly fair. They owned us with justice