Sign in to follow this  
Falcon Six Two

Anything is possible in FS2004!

NOTE: All USN/USAF purists, turn away NOW! You USMC types will get a laugh outta this. The rest of you who are insane and whacked, proceed.

Ok, I tried a carrier landing. We'll see how it went.

carrier1.jpg

We're ready on Cat 1...

carrier2.jpg

Up, up, and away we go!

carrier3.jpg

A little stunt flying here and there...

carrier4.jpg

Perhaps this will impress the squids...

carrier5.jpg

Playtime is done...let's go home...

carrier6.jpg

Almost there...

carrier7.jpg

Down!

carrier8.jpg

Ah, home sweet home...now where's the darned head?!?!

(How I landed is beyond me.)

Hey, if a C-130 can do it, an A-10 can too!

Heh, I remember way back in CFS1, there was a carrier you could download (don't remember what it was called, but it was popular) Anyways, it was a WWII carrier. It was always fun to try to land my C-17 on it. I think I only managed to land it once or twice, but it was fun nontheless :)

So I looked, so you landed a Warthog, so, Okay I'm impressed. As for the C-130, the pilot of that A/C was my skipper on the Saratoga. The only thing they did to the plane was disconnect the anti-skid and moddified the props to reverse pitch while airborne. The FE would reverse the props as they crossed the fantail of the Forrestal, and the pilot would stand on the brakes. All the ship di was steer into the wind and move the wires out of the way.

Nice screen shots and great piloting.

So I looked, so you landed a Warthog, so, Okay I'm impressed. As for the C-130, the pilot of that A/C was my skipper on the Saratoga. The only thing they did to the plane was disconnect the anti-skid and moddified the props to reverse pitch while airborne. The FE would reverse the props as they crossed the fantail of the Forrestal, and the pilot would stand on the brakes. All the ship di was steer into the wind and move the wires out of the way.

Nice screen shots and great piloting.

Thanks firehawk! :D

Hey Falcon Six Two,

Fun, ain't it?

Takeoffs are a given, but those traps are tricky eh?

So tell me, did you ever find that head? Those passageways all look the same, ya know!

Heh, heh, heh.... Hopefully if you did find a head, it wasn't closed for "field day". THAT is not a good thing. Been there.

Go NAVAIR.

Navy Chief

Heh, yeah, it sure is fun!

Those traps are MURDER! Especially in a bad crosswind, at night, during a thunderstorm! (Oh, the horror...)

No, I never found the head. But...I found the Captain's quarters unlocked and open, and there was a head in there...so I used it. Unfortunately, after I left, he saw me coming out. I ran like a bat outta hell...

Edited by Falcon Six Two

The first thing I learned on the Sara was... Stay the "F" out of the Blue Tile passageways!! You were right to run like a rabbit, but those knee-knockers are killers on shins. :P

Roger about the kneeknockers.

When onboard the Indy during one of the seemingly endless GQ drills, one guy was running down a passageway in his shower shoes. He slipped on the deck, just before a kneeknocker. As he straightened up, his forehead smacked the top of the opening, and the force knocked him out cold. Needless to say, the metal on the passageway opening did not bend; heh, heh. Best as I recall, it took over 100 stitches to close him up. Not good.

Lest anyone ask....... it wasn't me!

Navy Chief

Damn! And here I was contemplating joining the Navy as a Yellow shirt...one of the Air bosses henchmen... ;)

BTW, what exactly are all the shirts?

Blue

Red

Yellow

Green

White

Brown

Purple

and any others I missed...

Edited by Falcon Six Two

Hey Falcon Six Two

Rather than retype all the information. Here's a great link for a complete explanation:

http://navysite.de/cvn/catcolor.htm

For your information, when I worked the "roof", I wore green. Firehawkordy wore red, of course!

Navy Chief

For your information, when I worked the "roof", I wore green. Firehawkordy wore red, of course!

I also wore Purple in my non-rated/non-designated days. Must of been fate that I wore the colors of the nastiest,meanest Rates in the Aviation side of the house. B)

But for the record;

Purple- AvFuels

Red- Ordnance/Crash & Salvage

Green- Catapaults & Arresting Gear / Squadron Maitenence Shops

Brown- Plane Capts. { these guys are the real owners of the A/C, just dont teel th pilots}

Falcon, all this interest in NAVAIR is unhealthy, God forbid you might one day decide to join up.

Fly Navy!

Hey I wore green..and black and brown and.....oh Yeah I was a Marine..never mind. :D

I also wore Purple in my non-rated/non-designated days. Must of been fate that I wore the colors of the nastiest,meanest Rates in the Aviation side of the house. B)

But for the record;

Purple- AvFuels

Red-  Ordnance/Crash & Salvage

Green-  Catapaults & Arresting Gear / Squadron Maitenence Shops

Brown-  Plane Capts. { these guys are the real owners of the A/C, just dont teel th pilots}

Falcon, all this interest in NAVAIR is unhealthy, God forbid you might one day decide to join up.

Fly Navy!

Well, it's either the Air Force or the Navy for me. :)

Everyone is either joining the Army or the Marines. Not one of my peers talk about joining the USAF or the USN. It's always "Go Army!" and "Semper Fi!" (not that there's anything wrong with that.) I bet it's probably because of games like Ghost Recon. (great game, might I add.) No one plays Falcon 4.0 or Jane's F/A-18 anymore! :(

I like to not follow the crowd. Since I doubt I can become a pilot, I just might join right outta high school :D

Enlisted all the way! B) Who knows, I just might get the chance to earn a comission while I'm on duty. ;)

Why I really want to join the military is because I want to help my family out. You see, my mom is a nurse. She's the primary breadwinner. My dad works at an airport and is what you'd call a bag handler. It's backbreaking and doesn't pay that good. Now, if I manage to become a pilot, I hope the pay will be good enough to help my folks out. Hopefully, it'll all work out. :D

But I think I'll go the Air Force route. Everyone in my family who's been in the military has been in the USN/USMC. But who knows... ;)

Hey Falcon Six Two

Not sure how things are nowadays, but it used to be more difficult to get promoted in the USAF, vs the USN. Such things do go in cycles, however; so that might not be the case now.

Naturally, I do have somewhat of a biased opinion. Heh, heh.

If you do decide to go Navy, do some research to find out which ratings (jobs) are undermanned, etc.... And if you find one that looks interesting, then go for it! Also, pick a job that will easily provide you with a civilian equivalent job if you decide to get out after your first enlistment.

As always,

GO NAVAIR.

Navy Chief

Hey Falcon Six Two

Not sure how things are nowadays, but it used to be more difficult to get promoted in the USAF, vs the USN. Such things do go in cycles, however; so that might not be the case now.

Naturally, I do have somewhat of a biased opinion.  Heh, heh.

If you do decide to go Navy, do some research to find out which ratings (jobs) are undermanned, etc....  And if you find one that looks interesting, then go for it! Also, pick a job that will easily provide you with a civilian equivalent job if you decide to get out after your first enlistment.

As always,

GO NAVAIR.

Navy Chief

Thanks Chief, I'll take that to heart. :D

Falcon,

I'msure that I speak for the Chief too on this, whatever you decide you'll have our support wholeheartedly. Nice to know that you are thinking these things out, but it's still a long ways off and it's summer time. Go enjoy life and worry about who to join later. B)

Falcon,

I'msure that I speak for the Chief too on this, whatever you decide you'll have our support wholeheartedly. Nice to know that you are thinking these things out, but it's still a long ways off and it's summer time. Go enjoy life and worry about who to join later. B)

Don't worry, firehawk. I'm enjoying life as it is...(It helps when the girls love you.) ;)

Thanks for the vote of support. It means alot. :D

PS: I will laugh extremely hard if I end up landing an A-10 on a carrier. :P

Edited by Falcon Six Two