Sign in to follow this  

AvHistory's FM's for SF props are, in the main, excellent. I've had no problems so far, except with the P-38. It has the usual prop problem of the current patch for the AI in that they bounce all over the runway before blowing up. Research seemed to point in the direction of the shock/spring/damper values, I have changed these to no effect.

Wrench, your P-38J is much better behaved, I ended up just using your bird as my base (although it has some weird issues in the turn), I can fly it well enough to fight though. And I can take off and land - very important as I don't "start in the air".

This may be something I've done, just wondering if anyone is having the same problem. If not, clearly I've done something critically wrong and can someone please send me the AvHistory P-38 FM that works.

Note the FM is direct from the AVHistory site.

JB5

Which P-38 Do you have? The F,H and the L are WOLF257's . Also I just checked and AVHistory's site says that you need the P-38J -25, But their link goes here to Wolf's WW2 Planes Pak (P-38 H/L). That does not have that plane.

Edited by RAVEN

simple ini edits, and copy/paste can create the -25 variant (how do you think I created the F and M???)

My FM that I created is, at best, a hack job. Mostly all I did was make 1 elevator and 2 rudders.

wrench

kevin stein

Raven, I'm using the L model from WOLF's pack.

Kevin, have you tried the AH P-38 and do you get the same results or am I doing something wrong?

I'm currently flying their P51D-30 and it's excellent.

JB5

Raven, I'm using the L model from WOLF's pack.

Kevin, have you tried the AH P-38 and do you get the same results or am I doing something wrong?

I'm currently flying their P51D-30 and it's excellent.

JB5

Sorry I missed this. Daughter went into the hospital and I put my 2d world on hold to deal with the 3d world (she's fine now).

This is a major update I was working on. Still getting back up to speed. Last I remember I'd discovered a major prop thrust issue in the SF prop FM (looks like it had been there since day one) and was trying to work around it. Maybe TK has fixed it with the latest release/patch?

AvH_US_P-38J-25_FlightModel.zip