Sign in to follow this  
pimpam

how to control my plane with mouse?

in setup controls there is only keyboard and joystick.

I'am disappointed.

also the handle gas and for control doesn't move in cockpit. there is no thing to do(software or something for that)??

sorry for my english thanks!!!

It doesnt look like it Im afraid - besides you actually need to use the mouse to click on the buttons in the 2D cockpit.

For a flight simulator like this you should be using a joystick only, using the keys are a poor secondary - and I cant see how controlling it with a mouse would be any use at all.

When you move a joystick - for example to pitch up (pull back) you dont just move it from one position to another - it has many positions in between that determine how much or how little the flight surface moves.

Edited by MigBuster

but it so good to play with a mouse.

because I have a laptop.

there is no keytomouse like software in net???(I hope)grin.gif

An F-16's control stick or joy stick does not move. It is based on the amount of force the pilot is applying to it. Games usually model the stick moving so the pilot has visual feedback on their input to the game. Ather than that the reason i believe they don't move is because it would be difficult to animate a 2D picture with motion and have it look clean.

And still sorry, no mouse control. IT is used for far to much other things in the air to be worried about flying the plane also.

An F-16's control stick or joy stick does not move. It is based on the amount of force the pilot is applying to it. Games usually model the stick moving so the pilot has visual feedback on their input to the game. Ather than that the reason i believe they don't move is because it would be difficult to animate a 2D picture with motion and have it look clean.

And still sorry, no mouse control. IT is used for far to much other things in the air to be worried about flying the plane also.

That was true in early YF-16 development - but not in the production models

This from ex F-16 Test Pilot Joe Bill Dryden (Code1 Magazine):

As the YF-16 progressed more and more toward an operational configuration, numerous small changes appeared in the stick and armrest/wristrest geometry. The first stick did not move at all, but rather depended strictly on the amount of force you were using to determine the desired pitch or roll rate. It was possible to fly the airplane very well with this fixed stick, but it was decided it would be still better if a small amount of motion was added. The stick still moves only three-sixteenths of an inch aft, three-thirty seconds left and right, and next to nothing forward. Although this is a very small amount, it is sufficient to give you the tactile cue of making an input. It also lets you know when you’re up against the limiter - something that was difficult to do with the old fixed stick.

Edited by MigBuster

That was true in early YF-16 development - but not in the production models

This from ex F-16 Test Pilot Joe Bill Dryden (Code1 Magazine):

As the YF-16 progressed more and more toward an operational configuration, numerous small changes appeared in the stick and armrest/wristrest geometry. The first stick did not move at all, but rather depended strictly on the amount of force you were using to determine the desired pitch or roll rate. It was possible to fly the airplane very well with this fixed stick, but it was decided it would be still better if a small amount of motion was added. The stick still moves only three-sixteenths of an inch aft, three-thirty seconds left and right, and next to nothing forward. Although this is a very small amount, it is sufficient to give you the tactile cue of making an input. It also lets you know when you’re up against the limiter - something that was difficult to do with the old fixed stick.

Ah, I see.

successfully tested on sstock F4AF:

PPjoy

PPmouse

please download at mission4today.com>>>>>IL sturmovik stie...

filename is

Mouse_As_Joystick_Files_&_Guide.zip

i havent ben granted permission to upload file here...

Edited by Shin_kazama