Sign in to follow this  
dtmdragon

Help with modeling the two extra weapons pylons on the JAS39C Gripen to create a Gripen NG

Hi guys,

I’ve been editing the JAS 39C Gripen for SF2 available here for downloading in to the Gripen Next Generation fighter (Gripen NG).

http://www.gripen.com/en/GripenFighter/the_future_is_gripen_ng/GripenNG.htm

I’ve done most of the editing to the INI files to upgrade the radar to the proposed Raven AESA radar, upgraded the engine/performance/AI to reflect the General Electric F414G engine that will be used, as well as upgrading the ECM gear and internal fuel carriage.

However that is as far as my modding skills go as I am still fairly new to this game, so I was wondering if someone who is up with the play on 3d modeling would be interested in picking up the ball and running with it? All I need is the two additional weapons pylons on the underside of the aircraft to be modeled and added. There is one either side of the existing central weapons pylon.

Cheers,

Dan.

Edited by dtmdragon

can ONLY be done with the original MAX files.

However....

there is a way to cheat that ... look at my F-79 Manta, and the HP Perigrine flying wing fighters. 2 (or 4 on the Peregrine) seperate pylons, added as 'fake pilot' seats. The fun part is dailing in their locations, and weapons mounting

The downside is, they're permanant fixtures.

wrench

kevin stein

While you could add the pylons with the method Wrench suggested, it could be a bit difficult to make it look right, since SAAB redesigned the main gear to make room for a second centerline pylon.

Gripen

Gripen NG

While you could add the pylons with the method Wrench suggested, it could be a bit difficult to make it look right, since SAAB redesigned the main gear to make room for a second centerline pylon.

Gripen

Gripen NG

Somehow I managed to completely over look the landing gear!!! I guess I might have to put this in the ‘to hard basket’ for now and shelve it.

Cheers guys,

Dan.