Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Iphone 4

Who is getting it or upgrading from their old Iphone? I will be. There is some great stuff on it. My wife just wants a GS from her 3G one so she will get mine. Pre-order 15 Jun. I am so there.

*Note, this thread is not for the anti Apple crowd. I dont want to hear it. So please keep this to the Iphone enthusiasts only please. Thank you.

I'll probably upgrade from my 3G at the end of the year when my contract re-news.

You are probably eligible for an upgrade now. I know my wife is. So since its all one account I am using her upgrade to get the Iphone4, swap out sim cards and we are set.

Yeah, if I pay the "early upgrade fee". Not sure I want it that bad.

My two-year contract ends in Nov/Dec.

Yeah, if I pay the "early upgrade fee". Not sure I want it that bad.

My two-year contract ends in Nov/Dec.

Ah ok, then you arent at the automatic upgrade then, After a year you can upgrade with no fee.

You are probably eligible for an upgrade now. I know my wife is. So since its all one account I am using her upgrade to get the Iphone4, swap out sim cards and we are set.

Will AT&T swap your SIM card as well? The iPhone 4 uses a micro SIM card, so cards used with the 3GS etc won't fit.

Will AT&T swap your SIM card as well? The iPhone 4 uses a micro SIM card, so cards used with the 3GS etc won't fit.

Im not sure about that. I will have to see. I know the swapping will work for my wife's G to use my GS. I am just going to use her upgrade to get me the 4. The beauty is that is all one account.

The anit-AT&T rants Jon Stewart has done are pretty funny. Must really suck to live in NYC and have an iphone!

i'm not sure if i'll be able to upgrade my 2G to OS4... but i'd like to get the new iPhone when i'm released from the Army (giving back my army issued phone..)

My dad works for a wireless company and says the IPhone sux...

:biggrin:

FC

My dad works for a wireless company and says the IPhone sux...

:biggrin:

FC

&*(*^%&^$%&^) Prick....... :lol:

I've registered my interest with my mobile provider in the UK but no news as yet on pricing :(

Edited by Revvin

I've registered my interest with my mobile provider in the UK but no news as yet on pricing :(

You can order an un-locked one now from the UK Apple store, I think the price was £499 for the 16GB version. Refusing to look myself as I just got an HTC Desire as a present to myself for R&R!

I managed to get my reservation in this morning, despite the problems with Apple and AT&T's servers. Will pick it up on launch day.

I got mine reserved even though they had problems. In fact they had to break out the credit card machine and the carbon paper. Also thanks to Gocad mentioning about the sim card, they are just going to me a new sim card with my number on it. I ended up getting the 32GB version.

You can order an un-locked one now from the UK Apple store, I think the price was £499 for the 16GB version. Refusing to look myself as I just got an HTC Desire as a present to myself for R&R!

I'll wait and see what the subsidized price will be with Vodafone. According to The Guardian Vodaphone leaked their iPhone 4 prices and if true they look very reasonable. Prices below are for the 16GB model with the 32GB costing roughly £90 more on the same plans. I think I'll go for the 32GB if true, you can never have too much space for apps and music and if the HD video recording is as good as they say that will eat up huge chunks.

post-2019-063105500 1276706698.png

Just got my Iphone 4, man is it sweet.

What is an iPhone4?

I just got my first cellphone a month ago. A TracFone.

Yah,I know. :grandpa:

I just heard through the rumor mill that the first recall will come in about a month. :grin:

Rumour has it that a fix will be released on Monday that involves a simple software update. Hopefully this is true. I've not had any issues using my phone, perhaps I've always held my phones in the official Steve Job's style or perhaps <shock> he copied me! I can however replicate the problem on my handset by holding it the same way as seen on other internet sites covering this issue. This is my first iPhone and I'm loving it! the screen is absolutely fantastic, very crisp, very clear and very responsive to touch commands.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/06/25/death_grip_hysteria_may_end_monday_with_ios_4_01.html

I haven't had any problems with my iPhone 4 but I can replicate the problem that problem as well. I don't hold in a such a way to cause it though. This has been by far the best phone I have owned. Light years ahead of anything out there.

According to Gizmondo :tongue: Apple are holding a press conference Friday 16th 10AM PT regarding the iPhone 4. Perhaps a product recall or an explanation of the software fix that has been talked about.