Sign in to follow this  
Dave

My New Vehicle

Now that sure looks like a fun ride.

Nice. I'm hoping they have a diesel version ready when I start looking to buy once I get fully certified. Soft top or hard top? Let me know how the road noise is.

Its a hard top. We went to a local dealer and did a test drive. Road noise wasnt any worse than my truck, but it has a 7 speaker Infinity system so I couldnt hear much of the road anyway. :lol:

I will enjoy, I will take it off roading and I have owned a Jeep before too. I think I know what I'm doing. You're always such a downer uncleal. Sheesh.

Drove a 1997 Jeep TJ Wrangler until 2007 when my parents sold it and I got my mom's behemoth of a truck. Jeeps are always fun, simple to work on, and easy to maintain.<br>

Edited by suhsjake

Don't know why 2 door Jeep owners always say the same thing about it being too long for off roading. Sure you ain't gonna take it rock climbing, but come on. Lots of great off road vehicles have longer wheelbases. Heck even my 97 Explorer does all right off road. I think its jealousy. :grin:

usafmtl, I was just wondering cuz the only hard top I've sat in seemed kinda...raw? I mean it was just bam, hard top, right above you, no materials that looked like they would provide any sound deadening. Since I take I90 to and from work every day its kinda important that it be comfy sound wise.

How long until you mount a .50 on top?

I have Toyota Landcruiser 120 (4x4) with longer wheel base than the Wrengler.

I have no special problems off roading with it.

Have fun Dave and good luck.

guyran

Now THAT is a muscle car !!!!:good: Have fun,

Derk

The question remains though? .50 Cal or MK19?

I can see a Ma Deuce on that Jeep.

usafmtl, what is the Jeep replacing? You mentioned a truck of some sort?

I can see a Ma Deuce on that Jeep.

usafmtl, what is the Jeep replacing? You mentioned a truck of some sort?

Oh its not replacing my CHEVY Silverado. I have that almost paid off. Its not replacing anything. The van is paid off (but has 190,000 miles on it) so we need something reliable in case Sheila has to run up to Michigan to check on your very ill father. He isn't doing well at all and I wanted to make sure she could get up there in rain sleet, snow and nice weather.

The question remains though? .50 Cal or MK19?

How about some stuff from the Ontos post-2160-041151700 1276632073.jpg:grin:

Hou doe,

Derk

Sod the 4x4, I'll have the thing Derk posted!

Edited by SkippyBing

The Only problem with that rig, is reloading not to mention aiming those six 105mm Recoiless Rifles, kind of like once you fired all six, you just hope you killed all the enemy. Because if you didn't, there's No way to safely reload.

I think that relic was originally intended to use nuclear projectiles, meaning don't stand in front of it

No nuclear. It was a tank buster, though I think it worked well in Vietnam with anti-personnel ammo. Just imagine six very heavy shotguns put together and you'll get the idea.