Sign in to follow this  
boom10

Nf 4 and latest patch?

Hi guys I've recently re-installed sf2e and I'd like to try out the NATO fighters 4 mod but I'm not sure if it will work ok with the latest patch for sf2e or will it create problems with the install? I have installed it and given it a very quick blast in an f16 and found it didn't have an

afterburner effect so how do I fix that?

In due time it will be fixed, please stand by....

for the F-16 i would imagine you could use the stock eagle afterburner effect for now as the were supposed to use the same engine. as for the retooled NF4+ we anxiously await the next two weeks

Right now we have to get the F-14 out, when that is done then on to the NF4+ upgrade.

i know two weeks was just me joking. Eagle Afterburner effects should be an acceptable stand in for Viper afterburners though as both used the F100 engine. was a lil something to sweeten the deal for the USAF back when it was the LWF competition. that was the main point of my original post

Right now we have to get the F-14 out, when that is done then on to the NF4+ upgrade.

great news dave! will the upgrade be compatible with the latest patch or wich one is your goal?

thank you

We will be going to make it use at least the Feb 2010 patch. Which will work just fine with the may patches. Most of this stuff is AB effect, HUD's etc because of the DX10 stuff.

These are good news to hear.

So with this heard i will definitely make the jump to the Gen2 versions.

@usafmtl thank you for your answer in the post i have made in the other thread

It seems there is a lot of interest in this mod

Happy flying

TG

NF4 is the best mod EVER! And with the higher fps that the latest pathes give it will even be greater.