Sign in to follow this  
AUDELADUDELIRE

Help ! problems with decals !

Hello every body ..I made decals for the wheels of the B-29 but they are some graphic's bug on the tires and i don't know why !! help please ..

thanks for your responses.(see the shots )

P.S sorry for my English ;-)

post-3901-036571500 1276557252.jpg

post-3901-048389000 1276557283.jpg

The decal will conform to the object's Mesh, if there are flaws the decal will follow them. I believe. others may no more.

Raven

looks like mesh flaws. I wouldn't use them; the only way to fix that would be to rebuild those meshes in MAX, and create a new LOD. Doubt that'll happpen

can you repaint the hubs on 6.bmp? looks like all the wheels use the same mapping..

wrench

kevin stein

The decal will conform to the object's Mesh, if there are flaws the decal will follow them. I believe. others may no more.

Raven

Thanks for your reply Raven..

looks like mesh flaws. I wouldn't use them; the only way to fix that would be to rebuild those meshes in MAX, and create a new LOD. Doubt that'll happpen

can you repaint the hubs on 6.bmp? looks like all the wheels use the same mapping..

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench ... I repaint the hubs on 6.bmp but it's not satisfactory for me ...What is interressant with decals, is that the parametres of the TextureSet.ini has no effect or almost on this one ... Black is black with decals ! :-) I positioned more than 40 decals on B-29! And I did not finish! ;-)

Audeladudelire

I feel your pain ... having had to do 300 decals for my ETO "What If..." B-29, and nearly that many for the historical PTO version

It's a real bummer when you KNOW someting should work, and then it dosn't. Been there, got the scars!

wrench

kevin stein

I feel your pain ... having had to do 300 decals for my ETO "What If..." B-29, and nearly that many for the historical PTO version

It's a real bummer when you KNOW someting should work, and then it dosn't. Been there, got the scars!

wrench

kevin stein

thank you to sympathize with my pain Wrench! ;-))to be continue...;-)