Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Most expensive oil & lube job ever...

So, it cost me $116.34 for my first oil and lube job service on my car thanks to the fact that instead of an oil pan, I have an oil sump. They wanted to charge an extra $330.xx to clean out my throttle body, replace the wipers, and do a slight alignment correction on the front right wheel. I told 'em no. They seemed disappointed when I told them that. Throttle body cleaning... that's a first for me.

Just $116.34? LOL. Check out the service intervals and their attendent costs on a typical exoticar...hell, just for s**tz-n-grins, look at service costs on a Bugatti Veryon:

According to AutoCar, a routine service for a Veyron costs a whopping £12,866 ($21,033 USD), whereas an annual service for a Ferrari Enzo is £1680 ($2,746 USD). A set of new tires will run you £23,500 ($38,417 USD), and that’s because they have to be capable of handling a top speed of 253 mph. Moving forward, every fourth tire change, the Veyron’s wheels must be replaced, leaving you with a bill of £7050 ($11,525 USD) per wheel.

Source: http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/01/18/the-cost-of-owning-a-bugatti-veyron-is-overwhelming-set-of-tires-cost-38417/

Just $116.34? LOL. Check out the service intervals and their attendent costs on a typical exoticar...hell, just for s**tz-n-grins, look at service costs on a Bugatti Veryon:

According to AutoCar, a routine service for a Veyron costs a whopping £12,866 ($21,033 USD), whereas an annual service for a Ferrari Enzo is £1680 ($2,746 USD). A set of new tires will run you £23,500 ($38,417 USD), and that’s because they have to be capable of handling a top speed of 253 mph. Moving forward, every fourth tire change, the Veyron’s wheels must be replaced, leaving you with a bill of £7050 ($11,525 USD) per wheel.

Source: http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/01/18/the-cost-of-owning-a-bugatti-veyron-is-overwhelming-set-of-tires-cost-38417/

Jeez - my cars not even worth 12 grand!

:grin:

They use chemicals Not Available to the Saturday Mechanic $100

You mean exotic chemicals.....like NAPTHA? :yikes:

Check the ingredients....it makes for an eye-opening experience.

Proper T-body cleaning entails removing the unit from the engine, and cleaning it on a bench. Most of the so-called "carbon" that jiffy-lube engineers ( :grin:) claim to find in a t-body, originate either in the engine's crankcase, or are contaminates left over from the assembly process, being drawn in from units such as brake vacuum-boosters. Often, you'll also find carbon in the bores for the various sensors and motors that fit into a t-body. Cleaning them can help throttle-response and improves idle quality. As to how often one should service the unit, I'd say at least once every 25k to 30k miles.

Its Simple your tool kit should have only 2 items in it...

For parts that dont move and should WD40

For parts that move and shouldn´t Duct tape...

All else is for tinkering...

I feel lucky

I don't. I'd rather have all those problems with my Bugatti.

Front and rear suspension bushing set/ball joints..................$283

Front struts and rear shocks.........................................................$139

New car ride and handling in my '93 Mustang...........................Priceless!

The best thing is being able to do the work myself.:grin: