Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Where is Red Adair when you need him?

Sadly, of course, 'Big Red' passed away in 2004... But if BP ever needed anyone, they need them now!

What a total disaster on so many levels this catastrophie has become....

I feel great pity for the people and animals suffering due to this awful incident, and it's ongoing influence on the US seaboard...and of course, it has now become a political hot potato, causing a ripple of uneasiness between the US and UK.

Of course, with any multi- billion dollar industry, when things go bad..they go REALLY bad, and heads will roll no doubt...but the Political rhetoric should stop for the time being, and the effort and energy should be spent on stopping the leak surely?

I imagine the boardrooms of BP are a pretty unpleasant place to be right now

causing a ripple of uneasiness between the US and UK.

I havent seen that at all. Havent felt that at all either. Some media outlet trying to make that an issue as well? Well its not. Although they might try to make a story of that.

Come on dont forget the News Coyotes will look at anything and try to cause problems when there are none... We are Media and we are Gods and that all issues we talk about are True... is that a bit to far???

Just hope that they get this sorted soon though...

Yeah, that makes sense...well, thanks usafmtl for that..I'm glad of that info :drinks:

Apparently this has affected BP stock, which is somehow connected with the pensions of a lot of Brits. So while Americans don't feel a single anti-UK thing, just irritation with BP itself, you've got all these retired voters in the UK getting upset about their pension being threatened, which means UK politicians are getting upset.

Really, though, we have to make that our primary concern, right? Who cares what a company does wrong trying to save a buck, cutting corners, we have to keep its stock up for all the people that DON'T work for the company anymore. :rolleyes:

Never for aminute have I thought about this being a poor reflection on my good friends in the UK. No way, bad run company is my opinion.

Yeah, I mean Jedi is right...if BP go under, that will be a real bad-deal for the UK thats for sure!...especially as our Country is broke