Sign in to follow this  
Kesselbrut

UH-1B Gunship Upgrade Pack

UH-1B Gunship Upgrade Pack

Bell UH-1B "Huey" Gunship Conversion Pack

for Strike Fighters 2

ver 1.0

by Kreelin (FM), Kesselbut (cockpit, Pilots, ini-modding), Richard (Skins)

Installation:

1) Extract everything contain in this package to your ..\mods\ folder

2) Download Richards (Gramps) Astralian UH-1H here:

http://combatace.com/files/file/2567-australian-army-uh-1h-huey/

copy following files from this pack into your ..MODS\Objects\Aircraft\UH-1_Gunship folder

UH-1B.LOD

UH-1B_001.LOD

UH-1B_002.LOD

UH-1B_shadow.SHD

Using:

Use the "HUD_MODE" Key to switch between cockpit positions.

Use the "Fire secondary Gun" Key to fire the Doorgunner MG

Keys for thrust vectoring have to be defined.

This is a freeware addon package. Use it at your own risk.

Modders can use the pack (or parts of it - excluding the flightmodel and skins) without my permission.

Please name me in the readme and take proper credit.

For the using of the flightmodel or skins please contact Kreelin or Richard (Gramps)

Commercial using in any way - including parts of the pack - for everyone is stricktly forbidden.

Daniel "Kesselbrut" Himmel

Have fun :)!

Interesting, haven't yet tried helo in SF2 environment. Thank you Kessel :good:

first my mod specs:

SF2:E patched to Feb2010

NatoFighters4+

i'm having some trouble with the UH-1B Gunship. i followed the instructions(i have Gramps UH-1H) but when i go to fly, the game ctd's immediately.

what i did:

i installed the gunship(placing files in their respective folders,running the Weps,Gun editors)

then i placed the LOD files and SHD file(from the UH-1H) into the Gunship folder. i pick my skins and weps, hit fly and it CTD's.

any thoughts?

Guest rscsjsuso5

hi viperbat32 don't know if this helps but if you want to try it out in a series 2 sim environment here it is , i believe their are two huey versions out their, one being the uh1h with gunners and the other uh1b with the sliding cabin doors. for the b version use aircraft data file ini from this package http://combatace.com/topic/56744-uh-1h-cockpit-gunner-upgrade/ and place the b version mod/lod in the aircraft folder and go fly . for the h version you will need to dig around the helicopter section of series 1 or avsim or pasko's site for the h version and use this package for the cockpit http://combatace.com/files/file/11048-uh-1b-gunship-upgrade-pack/ .

avsim.com http://home.earthlink.net/~pasko_patak/planes.html http://combatace.com/files/category/69-helicopters/

basically mix and match the correct mod/lod with the cockpit file and aircraft data file.

i have the same problem of ViperBAT32....but i'm using SF2V with latest february patch

Guest rscsjsuso5

heard ppl have problem with flight model , you guys can try mine for series 1 only ,link below for the two huey versions ,further tweak is needed for your install and further analysis is needed for kesselbruts huey cockpit packages meaning both-

(all files courtesy of CA pasko avsim and kesselbrut and me )

no screens you decide on all aspects

1. http://www.filefactory.com/file/b21a4gg/n/uh_1h.zip huey with gunners

2. http://www.filefactory.com/file/b21a540/n/UH_1H.zip huey with cabin doors

these hueys designed as plug and play for sfp1, 08patchlatest, weapon pack 2.5 the big one with inertia weapon ,easy flight model,keyboard

if you have question or post here , these mods are freeware and are subject to deletion after any inactivity or no download happens depends on filefactory and their server.

Is there a chance to get WEAPONS from this pack working in First Gen. WOV? I mean visible lods. Everything works fine but gunpods (XM9HueyR/L,M158,M134HueyR/L) are not visible in WOV.

This thing is really good conversion. Only thing is the weps. ned to make it carry the m158 or lau-3 rocket pods. i checked data.ini to see if chnages could be made but whne you chg to wp for attachment type. it does nothing. The Euro HOT is no good in a Vietnam setting. Also, it sways left to right or sideways so is hard to keep steady when firing weps. oher than that, she's a a beaut. Maybe better than YAP helo's.

Kulbit80,

I loaded the weps into the First Gen WOV.

I pulled the .lod entry from the wep data (See below), ran the weapon editor and they show up.

Original

[WeaponData274]

TypeName=XM9HueyR

FullName=XM9 40mm GL Huey (right)

ModelName=XM9_HueyR.LOD <================ Original entry

Mass=120.000000

Modified

[WeaponData274]

TypeName=XM9HueyR

FullName=XM9 40mm GL Huey (right)

ModelName=XM9_HueyR <================ New entry

Mass=120.000000

KRFRGE

Edited by krfrge

Kesselbrut,

Fantastic work. Thanks so very much.

KRFRGE

KRFRGE,

Unfortunately it doesn't work. No visible 3d models. M158 for example: rockets - visible ; rocket pod model - invisible. Maybe it's becouse new next gen. LOD code... But who made these weapons? Could create first gen LODs...

Edited by Kulbit80

Kulbit80,

Open up the weapon file and save in ANSI format.

i tried something and it worked for me.after doing as the readme says it didn't work, so i left everything the way i had it when it didn't work ,then i erased the gunship folder from the aircraft folder, then i opened up the zip for the gunship and dragged just the gunship aircraft folder back in and it worked!

Edited by viperBAT32

i tried something and it worked for me.after doing as the readme says it didn't work, so i left everything the way i had it when it didn't work ,then i erased the gunship folder from the aircraft folder, then i opened up the zip for the gunship and dragged just the gunship aircraft folder back in and it worked!

yes, but unfortunately it does not work with the realistic FM for UH-1 made by kreelin, the standart one is thje A-109 for malvinas mod which means you do not have a vertical take off.

Silverbolt;

There is second data.ini (A109-A_DATA_II.ini) for Augusta in malvinas mod and that FM has vertical take offs and working fine for me...

Guys, You have to fly in HARD mode to fully enjoy realistic FM. Those FMs are a bit old now...

Edited by kreelin

Maybe Kreelin, could you rework the FM?

Would be great to have an updated FM for the Huey!

Well... I do not Mod anymore due to a lack of time except for Overkill's Cobra and some FMs for friends projects

Unfortunately, building Helos FM is a real nightmare. You need a lot of tial and error works :grin:

Ah ok, well the MI-8 FM works very fine in SF2....