Sign in to follow this  
ArgonV

R.E.8 for FS-WWI!

It's starting to look like an airplane:

RE8.jpg

The engine, exhaust, prop, front Vickers gun, wheel struts and wheels are now inplace:

RE82.jpg

As you can see, the rudder, VStab, Hstabs and wing struts are in place. Also, I added the pilot and the gunner. If you look closely, you might even spot the bomb racks for the wings.

RE83.jpg

Also, I have distributed and sized the inertia placement:

RE8Inertia.jpg

Rigging in as well as some other small things:

RE84.jpg

An in-game shot:

RE85.jpg

Anyone care to do a proper hi-res skin for her?

You know, since I first saw its engine, I've been wondering, what if someone bothered to make a game combining WWI-style aircrates (with chrome-gilded pipes and strapped-on armor plating), biker gang-ish flying factions, a few flying beasties and combat mostly carried out by personal firearms ranging from flare guns and revolvers to RPGs and harpoons. With fights for precious refined fuel and forest-chomping steam-powered walking cities-airbases naturally.

Thanks! Though I just did the assembly and the coding. The model is by LesterBoffo from the Targetware crew.

I've been working a lot on the cockpit this weekend... Still a work in progress, but much done!

RE8Pit.jpg

Here you can see the Lewis drum holders, the camera and the turn crank to lower the wireless antenna

RE8Pit2.jpg

Here I've modeled the backup elevator control stick for the gunner incase the pilot were to become indisposed... And also the gunner's seat. Towards the front cockpit you can see the ammo box for the Vickers.

RE8Pit3.jpg

I've still got a few more details to add. There is a switch that's supposed to be mounted outside on the left side of the front cockpit, then the wireless set itself for the rear gunner's area. Also in the front cockpit there's a small wooden box forward and inbetween the rudder pedals I have yet to create, as well as an instrument and another copper tube for the panel. Lastly, a small crude bomb site on the left side when you lean over.

Thanks rabu! Here it is:

The only thing this kite lacks is a proper hi-res skin and damaged skin. Who would like to do one for her?

Features:

Detailed 3d cockpit

Mannable gunner position

Mannable camera view

Aldis gunsight view when you press G

Lean-over-the-side view for bombing, takeoffs and landings when you press X

Please read the readme file for installation. You MUST have the latest FS-WWI Plane Pack + Patch installed for this to work properly.

I would like to thank LesterBoffo for the use of his model, textures and beta testing the FM and Jerry for also testing. I would also like to thank Recon3 for some of this texture work and 3d model work I borrowed to create the cockpit.

Enjoy!

Download here: (5.34mb) http://www.fsww1.com/Downloads/Aircraft/RE8_Beta.zip

Not of a high enough level to do it myself...but hopefully you will get some volunteers m8..she looks really good! :drinks: