Sign in to follow this  
CoopF4

F-100D Sidewinder racks?

Any idea on how to fix the AIM-9 racks for the F-100D series in SF:E?

The left rack is the correct 3D model, but the right one is incorrect...it is the same one as the left rack. I checked the data.ini and it had separate left and right racks listed for the AIM-9 positions so any idea on how I go about changing it? Is there a 3D model in the game for the right-hand rack because if so that seems like an easy fix with the weapons editor. Figured I'd ask to see if anyone else had noticed this? I tend to fly the Hun quite often so it's kinda a nagging thing for me. (On a positive note, I absolutely love the new cockpit for the post 68 model with the APR-25 RHAW gear...outstanding work by TK!

Not bothering to look - but I remember this coming up before - isnt that pylon layout correct as the actual F-100D?

need to check.....

hmmm..what do you think - not far off?

800px-North_American_F-100D_060922-F-1234S-002.jpg

Edited by MigBuster

If the rack is part of the aircraft LOD there isn't anything you can do to fix it that doesn't involve rebuilding the LOD file.

Now, in theory you could 'hide' the rack with an ini edit, build a proper rack in MAX, export it to a LOD file, build a weapon data.ini for it, then use the LOADOUT.INI to use it properly.

If you're having trouble trying to grasp exactly what I just said, it's probably beyond your abilities at the moment.

Anyone have any specific details (with real world pictures to compare) exactly what is wrong with the racks?

FC

Must admit from all my books they look pretty damn good...