I'm trying to find the effects file that determines the 20mm cannon muzzle flash effects, and simple though it should be in theory, I can't find it! There's one which basically makes it look as though the entire aircraft has caught fire, and if you're flying Monty's Avia or a Bf109 with guns in the cowling, you get a rather shocking gout of flames pouring back over the canopy... I'd rather go back to the stock one, but short of removing the entire effects folder, I haven't managed to nail it.

Could somebody please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

As is the case for all the default TW effects, it's nothing more than an entry in the particlesystem.ini.

The stock effect is in the FlightData.cat "Particlesystem.ini" , If you have a "20mmFireEffect" in the effects folder the game will use that one. Just delete that one (in the effects folder) an the game will use the stock effect. Unless you extracted the Particlesystem.ini file and changed it, then you have to deleate that or edit it to keep any other changes that you have made. This goes for WOE 1 , Whitch version are you running? Raven

(OK, I'm in the wrong forum again!) SF2 complete merged.

Looks as though I'm going to have to take a look at particlesystem.ini AND 20mmFireEffect... Thanks - Back in a bit...

Edit - I meant HMGFireEffect - the only entry is in ParticleSysyem.ini, and both stock and added are identical... Stumped. Unless it's the tga files that share the same name but different content.

Edited by ndicki

I've been through so many muzzle flash effects, that I could not tell you whether I'm using Deuces, Stary's, my own, or some unholy hybrid of all three.... :blink:

I've been through so many muzzle flash effects, that I could not tell you whether I'm using Deuces, Stary's, my own, or some unholy hybrid of all three.... :blink:

Grief, don't even think of asking... !