Sign in to follow this  
WaldoPepper

NOOBIE QUESTION

First let me say WOW!!!. I really love this Sim. I've done all the Terrains, Add-on Aircrafts, and FM's over many late nights, but I need help with the Clouds Mod. I don't want my house of cards to tumble down again. Do I need to create a sub folder, say ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM in my Flight Mod Folder for the Cloud1.targa and config. files for it to work. Also another problem, on the Sopwith Pup in the Cockpit view the fusealage interior framework or ribs shows white. I read the sticky on this but it doesn't seem to apply in my case. Does anyone know a fix for this as it is one of my favorite Planes from my Red Baron 3D days. Thanks to all who can help.

Well I'm sure I can help with this one but first let us know if you're using FE1 or FE2. They have different folder structures. So some things go in to different places.

Well I'm sure I can help with this one but first let us know if you're using FE1 or FE2. They have different folder structures. So some things go in to different places.

quack74 I'm using FE2 on Windows XP and the Mod folders are in My Documents. I have also installed Peter01's Game Folder, FM's and the Opional Folder. Found another problem tonight, the Dolphin's rockets when fired the plane explodes - end of mission. It happened twice tonight.

First let me say WOW!!!. I really love this Sim. I've done all the Terrains, Add-on Aircrafts, and FM's over many late nights, but I need help with the Clouds Mod. I don't want my house of cards to tumble down again. Do I need to create a sub folder, say ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM in my Flight Mod Folder for the Cloud1.targa and config. files for it to work. Also another problem, on the Sopwith Pup in the Cockpit view the fusealage interior framework or ribs shows white. I read the sticky on this but it doesn't seem to apply in my case. Does anyone know a fix for this as it is one of my favorite Planes from my Red Baron 3D days. Thanks to all who can help.

Ok, In my /Saved Games//FirstEagles2/ here, I have a "Flight" folder. In this flight folder I just drop in any "cloud.tga's" and or new "Horizoncloud.tga's" and even a new "EnvironmentSystems".ini. The game will read these first as long as they are in this new "Flight" folder. If you already created a "Flight" folder, just back up everything you have in there already. Then add the new "clouds".tga's. If you havnt created or added any cloud.tga's before then the new ones you want to add should be the only ones in the folder.

As far as the Pup. Make sure the "Cockpit" folder is in the main Pup aircraft folder. Not the skins folder.