Sign in to follow this  
ordway

MiG-27K Cockpit with complex working HUD- Ultimate ground attack fighter version of the MiG-27 series

MiG-27K Cockpit with complex working HUD- Ultimate ground attack fighter version of the MiG-27 series

Mig-27K (Flogger-J2) ground attack fighter cockpit (SFP1 series) made by Ordway, Starfighter2, lindr2 based on color cockpit photos and cockpit diagrams.

Original cockpit made by Armourdave and Sal.

Avionics and optional advanced flight model by Nele.

You need avionics 70 and the latest patch updates from Thirdwire. Tested on Windows XP and not Vista. However it might work on Vista too.

This is the cockpit for the ultimate Soviet MIG-27K ground attack fighter in 1980. It was the ultimate MiG-27 version.

It has a different cockpit from all the rest of the MiG-27s with more complexity and by far the most complex HUD. The MiG-27K added a laser designator and compatibility with TV-guided electro-optical weapons. Around 200 were built.

It would probably have been one of the first attackers against NATO in a NATO versus Soviet block confrontation in the 1980s (under the tense relations of the American administration of "Ronney-the-Ray Gun". It is referenced from color photographs and original cockpit diagrams.

The real TV screen will appear as usual, in the upper right hand corner when using many guided bombs/missiles. No one I knew could figure out how to make it work on the instrument panel in the correct area....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MiG-27K History:

Initial flight of the ultimate MiG-27K prototype was in December 1974. It was finally accepted into service in 1980. Its avionics were so state-of-the-art (for the Soviets), that it took quite a while to work out all the bugs and make it operational.

The MiG 27, had superb low altitude, high speed capabilities and could out run many other fighters.

The MiG-27K could carry all the "smart" munitions including the KAB-500L LGB.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions:

1) Download Lindr2's Mig-27 series at

http://forum.combata...p;showfile=6576

2) Back it up just in case.

3) Just download the contents of whole filefolder Mig-27K intact into your aircraft folder as one folder.

4) When asked to overwrite say yes.

-Finished!

Thanks to Lindr2 for all his sustained hard and dedicated work.

Thanks to Armourdave and Sal for the original cockpit. Thanks to Lindr2 and Epizikl for help with the cockpit research and photos. Thanks to Lindr2 for the various TV (optical) cockpit images.

Thanks to Armour Dave and Sal for the cockpit.

Thanks to Starfighter2, lindr2 for the Mig-23P HUD which has stymied modelers until now that I know of.

Thanks to the Mirage factory for the Mig-23ML downloadable as a pack from combatace in the pack called Mirage Factory MiG-23 "Flogger" Series.

looking good!

i find this RL MiG-27K HUD photo... I have found it recently, excuse, that has not shown it earlier.post-24955-063243500 1278357313.jpgpost-24955-061966500 1278357509.jpg

Edited by lindr2

looking good!

i find this RL MiG-27K HUD photo... I have found it recently, excuse, that has not shown it earlier.post-24955-063243500 1278357313.jpgpost-24955-061966500 1278357509.jpg

Nice photos! Do you think you could work them into a working HUD?