Sign in to follow this  
bigal1

Water texture problem ( not flickering ) anyone have any ideas ?

Hi all , so i have this problem with water textures or something connected with water maybe reflections and have had it for a long time but always lived with it by lowering water quality to rock bottom . In the video you will see the strange fizzle to the water at certain angles and also the very high reflection / glare , i'm not too sure when i started to see this problem but i've had 2 computers both have suffered from the same problem and the only part used in both machines is the graphics card so i'm thinking maybe ann issue with that ? the graph card is a gtx260 and all other games seem fine with water textures and reflections , this problem occurs no matter if i use full stock game or modded terrains any help advice would be great as this is a long time issue for me which is a right pain in the ass .

th_Waterproblem.jpg

Are you using the latest drivers for your video card?

Yup have all the latest drivers for all parts ( new machine only recenlty built ) strange that i had this same problem on my older machine , forgot to mention i'm running on xp pro SF2 europe .

Edited by bigal1

Latest DirectX? They just released a new version of 9.

Yup got the latest dirext x9 version , really scratching my head over this have been for a long time lol , i may send TK a mail and the video see what he thinks .

Edited by bigal1

That's due a third-party water normal. It was either meant for another water-shader altogether, or was intended for SFP1. Are you running these games under DX10 (Vista or Win7)?

I'm running SF2 europe , WOE , WOI , WOV , SFP1 all on windows XP pro , the problem happens on all games at stock level or modded but seems to show up more in the later games . After inspecting it further i've found that the anti alasing seems to be off in the distance but fine on aircraft and close in things ,can see this happening on the land and im guessing maybe thats the water problem aswell . As the view becomes closer the anti alasing looks fine this is more visable on rivers from a distance , all the edges will look very blocky but as you approach the area they will smooth out ? . Have tried all setting for my graphics card and all setting in game options but none have had an effect although turning water detail to medium stopped the over glare from the water but still the anti alasing problem visable . My current computer build is quite recent but this problem was visable on my older machine but not on the pc i had before that , wish i had another graphics card to test as that is the only component which has been used in both my current machine and the 1 before it . All other games have been working great which was also same for my last computer so i'm thinking its something todo with my gtx260 and TK products for some reason :dntknw:

Edited by bigal1

Thanks for that Fubar but no joy i'm afraid although without the problem it would have looked great :( . I was able to test on an almost identical machine ( same graphics card included ) but this machine was running windows 7 not xp , i thought maybe it was a shader problem on xp but i was wrong the machine on windows 7 suffered from the same lines and bad antialasing in the distance as my pc did so now i'm more thinking it could be something to do with my type of graphics card .