Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Gepard's Formosa Strait visual update

So... I've started this one back in early 2009, but in the time I completely reworked this one several times. Very little from the original mod remains.

This was one of those "PIA for creator" mods :wink:

It's 512x512 two seasons tileset, treemod for Gepard's excellent Formosa Strait terrain. 512x512 for most compatibility even with older systems. I still have original 1024x1024 templates, so IF someone would like to use those...

"wet" season

more brownish "dry" season

smooth mountains, but it's an option, I like it this way

and the included experimental (need more tweaking and testing) clear day ground fog:

as a bonus I've included texturelist with my objects definitions for all you willing to make own treemod or experiment

(but no per-tile-placement ini files, I'm not THAT generous :tongue: )

uploaded, waiting for a go :smile:

Wow Stary, you have turned this game's ugly stock terrain into something really beautiful.

Wow Stary, you have turned this game's ugly stock terrain into something really beautiful.

Too bad he cant do the same for your face Diego. :lol: JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

stock? i thought it was a mod terrain?

stock? i thought it was a mod terrain?

I'm referring to the textures, flora and fauna. Stary has steadily outdone himself.

Thanks Dave, now I know what an acceptable time to start drinking is. Remember, you can use the bottle opener like we showed you. No need to bite the long neck off anymore.:rofl: Happy Father's Day bro.:drinks:

Edited by Old Diego

Awesome terrain! thank you!

how's the performance? good framerates? In my case fps varies depending on mission settings and activity

wow, just wow!!! THAT is some improvement!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Very cool work Stary! :drinks:

No probs with Framerate from my side.

But I have a really good pc....

seems my sudden performance drops (down to even 7 fps) were 3rd-party high poly aircraft model related :ok:

how's the performance? good framerates? In my case fps varies depending on mission settings and activity

my videocard isn't good enought, but i got 20~25 fps flying with terrain settings on maximum.

Wow Stary this terrain looks better than I could have hoped for. :clapping:Formosa was already one of my favorite terrains and with this update I can tell I will be doing a lot of flying here.

Here's fix for big cows and fences on three tiles, unpack to Formosa folder, overwrite:

Guest rscsjsuso5

very good work stary , just want to say thank you - xie xie ne . i don't know how you tested this package out but their are some small to big errors that needs to be fixed out for people with a slow machine or graphics card to compensate the update. example the sunlight can cause the terrain to distort water and terrain quality and feature. people with fast machine and above standard vid cards should not have any problems but below the minimum requirement needs to be tested out in a more depth and detail approach rather than the basics.

lastly again very good work stary , my comments serves as not a criticism but a further suggestions :drinks:

How can I test the mod for low-end machines when I have still quite a powerfull one?

And as to "the sunlight can cause the terrain to distort water and terrain quality and feature" I think you're using this mod in Series1, correct me if I'm wrong?

edit:

I think it's quite obvious this mod is NOT designed for people running on below minimum requirements systems...

Edited by Stary

Hi stary absolutely stunning Thanks. My fps seem to fine with every thing on high as it will go.

wouldnt mind knowing what fps is considered good.

I have a complaint ... My FPS won't drop below 60. No matter how much 'stuff' is in the air/ground/ocean. Is there a tweek for that??? :rofl:

The 512x tiles are BIG help in upping FPS, methinks. Seem to render them faster, at least on this rig.

Although I did catch some water creeping up the shoreline mountains on the east/central coast of Formosa...

wrench

kevin stein

I have a complaint ... My FPS won't drop below 60. No matter how much 'stuff' is in the air/ground/ocean. Is there a tweek for that??? :rofl:

The 512x tiles are BIG help in upping FPS, methinks. Seem to render them faster, at least on this rig.

Although I did catch some water creeping up the shoreline mountains on the east/central coast of Formosa...

wrench

kevin stein

60 fps? Can't help it I'm affraid...

try setting Detailmeshsize=24 and have fun... :rofl:

I'll check -but I wasn't touching the shoreline at all! Not me :smile:

small retiling was only to mainland east Formosa

You people make me sick!!!:grin:

So... I've started this one back in early 2009, but in the time I completely reworked this one several times. Very little from the original mod remains.

This was one of those "PIA for creator" mods :wink:

It's 512x512 two seasons tileset, treemod for Gepard's excellent Formosa Strait terrain. 512x512 for most compatibility even with older systems. I still have original 1024x1024 templates, so IF someone would like to use those...

"wet" season

more brownish "dry" season

smooth mountains, but it's an option, I like it this way

and the included experimental (need more tweaking and testing) clear day ground fog:

as a bonus I've included texturelist with my objects definitions for all you willing to make own treemod or experiment

(but no per-tile-placement ini files, I'm not THAT generous :tongue: )

uploaded, waiting for a go :smile:

What are the settings of your FLIGHTENGINE.INI???

AGOSTINO

I think on the screens shown I had DetailMeshSize set at around 12, 14 or so, and that tweaked slight bluish fog in environmentsystem.ini, and that would be all essential tweaks.

AGOSTINO

I think on the screens shown I had DetailMeshSize set at around 12, 14 or so, and that tweaked slight bluish fog in environmentsystem.ini, and that would be all essential tweaks.

Thank you infinitely for the reply! :clapping:

with DetailMeshSize = 15, which may be the optimal settings for:

[backgroundSceneClip]

FarClipDistance =???

NearClipDistance =???

[ForegroundSceneClip]

FarClipDistance =???

NearClipDistance =???

[insideSceneClip]

FarClipDistance =???

NearClipDistance =???

[FarSceneClip]

FarClipDistance =???

NearClipDistance =???

[NormalSceneClip]

FarClipDistance =???

NearClipDistance =???

[NearSceneClip]

FarClipDistance =???

NearClipDistance =???

Whereas I have a good/strong system?? :dntknw:

you can leave them at default settings I think, the clipping tweaks were for Series 1 mostly

Wrench, ramp your Horizon Distance in flightengine.ini, try 100km maybe or higher. Its very effective since -- for a simple example -- doubling the distance quadruples the number of tiles drawn.

Watch for edge of map though, since 08, TK made the game dump if you are in position to see the map edge.