Sign in to follow this  
cgold

'Invisible' Weapons

I have recently been going through Patch/Service Pack Hell and I have now re-installed SFp1 over *7* times in order to keep it from crashing on me. :shok: I have all the SFp1 Patches/Service Packs available downloaded. Now, for the weapons. None show up. Yes, my Strike Fighters folder is directly placed into :C drive and eveything else works. Aircraft, graphics, menus, but no weapons. I also tried opening and re-saving the WeaponData.ini file with the latest WeaponData Editor on my Desktop, but to no avail. Any ideas? :glare:

Plus, no AI aircraft on tarmacs anymore. Any ideas here as well? They used to be aircraft straight out of my aircraft folder. Not ones I had 'placed' there before. They seemed to randomly generate at their respective country's sides air bases...

What Operating system are you using? What is the last patch ?10/8? Did the game Generate A weapons folder? If not make one in the Objects folder and put the Weaponsdata.ini in there.

Edited by RAVEN

My OS is Windows 7 and my last patch I believe is the October of 2008 patch. There is a Weapons folder in the main Objects folder. Every weapon available is in there and the WeaponData.ini is in there as well.

Lost me at Win 7 Never used it. Best I could do. In XP It was the Weapons folder on my system. Are the Guns showing?

Edited by RAVEN

Just checked my WeaponEdit And for the 10/8 patched version I'm using the 01/2002 Editor v 1.0.0.1 The newest (For WOI) one won't work at the 10/8 patch level. I think ,have to recheck.

(Gun Edit 11/2004)SF1/WOV/WOE

Edited by RAVEN

You didnt try and install an old weapons pack in that did you?

TMF's WoE pack???

Buny's pak CAN be made to work in 08, you just have to use the WoI/08 weapons editor, open the weapons data ini with it, and it'll rebuild the weaponsdata.dat to the 08 standard. Be advised, however, lots of parameter will need major updating, but it will work.

as to the lack of parked aircraft, is this on all the stock terrains, 3rd party terrains, or both? If 3rd part, check to see if _airfield.ini are in the terrain folders. If they predate 08, you won't get game generated parked statics, and will need to extract the latest inis for those airfields.

otherwise, I'm just guessing too!!! :dntknw:

wrench

kevinstein

post-18157-034156300 1277158581.jpg

Thanks guys! Maybe now I can finally go kick some Iraqi AF a$$!

Thanks, Wrench. That weapon editor you said to use was the trick.

Also, thanks goes out all of those who helped out as well! (MiGBuster and RAVEN)

:salute::salute::salute:

Plus, I figured out what drives the randomly generated AI aircraft on the ground. I think the latest patch from ThirdWire has that bulit into it.

post-18157-045965800 1277392794.jpg