• 1942: Pacific Air War
    • CFS2 and CFS3
    • F-19 Stealth Fighter
    • Gunship 2000
    • Jane's Fighters
    • Flight of the Indruder
    • Fleet Defender
    • Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe

I spent a lot of hours with five of the titles above, but one stand above all others as a break through for it's time.

It is very difficult for me to choose one of them, but I choose CYAC.

Guyran

Edited by guyran

Janes Fighter series.....

Okay now I am torn the Janes series was great especially the Anthology... but F-19 strikes at the heart as it was the first flight sim I played... I can´t choose dont make me please... :this: pretty please with cherries on top....

Also how can you put CFS2 and 3 in the same lineup ??? Unless its CFS3 with OFF

Edited by Slartibartfast

CFS2, i loved it. Perhaps there are others wich made better in several senses, but this one was awesome.

Same here ..........:good:

Derk

Okay, why is SWOTL not in this poll?

It is now

Shall we call the OFF forum to give a boost to RB? :grin:

soo very true, got my vote! :good:

"he's going vertical!"..."eject!eject!eject!"

Shall we call the OFF forum to give a boost to RB? :grin:

Dont Worry the old Chap that is Widowmaker and his dastardly foe that is Olham :rofl::lol: will sort the OFF guy out once they have heard...

rat a tat tat...

Some truley great games, but for me it has to be DI Tornado....anyone flown this ?

I could've voted for more than 1, but I decided to pick the one I spent the most time with, F-19.

I don't know if it was the greatest, because it had a LOT of shortcomings that later sims were able to avoid or do better on. I may not have spent the most time overall on it because I only played it from 1989-1992 or so when the dated graphics and simplified realism made it obsolete. It also didn't have MP, which some of my best simming moments have occurred during. However, I will say that in those 3 years I played it I spent more time with it than any other sim in its first 3 years of ownership! I also have very few negative memories associated with it. There were shortcomings, but nothing that made you want to throw the computer across the room (I'm looking at you Falcon 3!!)

Some truley great games, but for me it has to be DI Tornado....anyone flown this ?

Yes I did on my Amiga... was brilliant flying down canyons lofting Alarm missiles at the defences... and then dropping 8 1000lb bombs on an Airfield and missing completely and then running away from Mig-29´s at 50ft only to turn and shoot him in the face with an Aim-9L oh the joys... and then getting shot down and forgetting where the eject button was... DONT ASK...

http://www.lemonamiga.com/?game_id=390

You're feeling sleepy. Now, look at the screenshots... read the articles... consider buying the emulator...

No I want to have my hazy memory... :lol: and with the amount of grey I am working on upstairs its is getting there...

Fleet Defender for me. I'm a big tomcat lover, and i enjoyed working with the avionics and the radar modes.

couldnt really vote on this one. went straight from yeager air combat to Wings Over Europe. then again the game system i had before the kids' Wii was an atari so i seem to wait awhile for things to get better:rofl:

I'm not sure what I spent more time on: Wings of the Pacific/Europe or CFS2. I got my start modding with CFS2, though. Ah! Sweet memories!

1942 Pacific Air War was my vote...it was way ahead of it's time, with a great replay facility

B-17 is missing too...another favourite of mine

B-17 is missing too...another favourite of mine

What no Vote for Red Baron??? There´s hope for you maybe :lol:

EAW. Was my long time favorite sim. And still today i have this old but fascinating game on my PC.

CFS3 in its box form, perhaps not. But if you have followed what we've done with it... Mediterranean Air War and the ETO add-on, for starters, and a level of aircraft modelling that defies the imagination. If you don't know what I'm talking about, get over to Sim Outhouse http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=7 and take a look, especially at some of the screenshots. I'll upload a few here just to give you an idea!

The only reason for me to fire up CFS3 is the Spitfire XIV addon...but even that won't keep me playing it long. :tongue:

Sims like SWOTL, Red Baron and Gunship 2000 were the best of their time...and I'm inclined to say that they had awesome features other sims that came afterwards lacked. I don't want to know how many hours of my youth went into these three sims alone. Aces over the Pacific was also a good one, but for some reason I never warmed up to Aces over Europe. European Air War is probably the best sim I pretty much missed....I really dig the huge formations it can produce. I wish I could get those in to appear in my SF campaigns... :dntknw: