Sign in to follow this  
appraiserfl

Waiting on SSD replacement, can't play OFF for 2 weeks :(

So I'm running a dual boot system, vista 64 on a mechanical hd for work and W7 64 bit on a SSD for play.

Within three weeks the Corsair X256 SSD died :( FYI NEVER BUY CORSAIR EXTREME SERIES SSDS, they have a factory defect and hi failure rate! It took me nearly two weeks to get a replacement and the replacement DIED WITHIN 5 HOURS! So now corsair says that they are going to "upgrade," me from the extreme series to the performance series and I just got the second return RMA label today, so its gonna take another week or two to get the third SSD replacement...grr.

So here I am, I hooked up my raptor 150gig hd again and am using it for Windows 7, but I have not even bothered to install OFF on it cause in two weeks I am going to just have to switch it back out for the SSD replacement and I don't wanna commit to a DOD campaign when I cant see it through (who am i kidding Im usually dead by the fifth mission lol)....so here I sit and wait.....debating on whether or not I can last two weeks....

I got a new set of 2 x OCZ 200 gig vertex 2 SSD.

Those babies rock.

Good luck.

m

I got a new set of 2 x OCZ 200 gig vertex 2 SSD.

Those babies rock.

Good luck.

m

Wow Morris! Those look very nice with 285 reads and 275 writes! But they also look nice and expensive at $749 a pop! I just spent a fortune upgrading to a 980x, 12 gigs of corsair dominators, and a Rampage III so I gotta hold off and be patient and wait for my RMA as it is already money spent lol.

This is what they are sending me as a replacement

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233085

What are you running for hardware again?