Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Why me?

Through out time, I'm occasionally faced with a dilema and really don't know what to do about it. I usually come here to post the issue to get advice from all ya fine folks here because that's the kind of connection I have with this community. This happens to be one of those times, and it's a very interesting situation that I happen to be in. So saying that... the other day, this really hot chick, who is a TR on orders working with us, pretty much offered me a proposition to "be" with her (and boy, did she proposition me). I happen to already be friends with this person and was comfortable and satisfide with the relationship being at that level. You would think that I would jump at the chance to such a invite, and I probably would. However... she's married... to a prior service Marine! Part of me is saying "DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!" but the rest of me is saying, "Saddle up!" Oh, and just how hot is she?... her side job... taking pictures as a pin-up model. :heat: I hate my life.

Edited by serverandenforcer

But do you feel something for her or what? If so, go ahead and try, but this sounds bad.

However... she's married...

Nothing good will come of this.

This sounds like a follow up to "the most expensive oil and lube job ever"! Is the prior service Marine better at CQB than you are? Sometimes life is complicated enough without pouring gasoline over your head and flicking your Bic.....

This sounds like a follow up to "the most expensive oil and lube job ever"! Is the prior service Marine better at CQB than you are? Sometimes life is complicated enough without pouring gasoline over your head and flicking your Bic.....

He was an aircraft mechanic for F/A-18s

Um, no......bad nthings man, bad things....

No, hell no. You should not have to think about this at all!

In the civilian world, doing something like this at the VERY worst might get you killed (if the Marine husband is a psycho), but more than likely would only result in a fist fight if that. It wouldn't necessarily result in any sort of legal action against you.

However, in the military world, the consequences can be a whole lot more severe in terms of legality...stuff that CAN follow you to other things.

An interesting article, written by a former 'first shirt':

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/justicelawlegislation/a/adultery.htm

The gist is that although there is NOT a specific offense against adultery in the UCMJ, commanders and legal offices have a LOT of leeway in prosecution.

Oh, and one more thing...if you two decide to do something, and later on, her husband finds out and she claims 'rape', you're done. Even assuming they find out that it was all consensual and she was lying, the amount of grief you will have to deal with will exceed anything you have had to deal with before...especially if it comes down to 'he said, she said'.

No piece of ass is worth a career...no matter how hot she is.

FC

There are plenty of other gorgeous women that aren't married. If any part says danger! it's best to listen.

Oh, I know that, and the thing is, the subject mattter was actually introduced to me by my FC, asking if I would go out with a married woman. My initial response, because I thought I was being placed on the spot, was, "Heck no!" Little did I know, she was talking to him about me and she was in the room when he asked me that. Once I realized what was going on, I asked her if she was the person inquiring and she admitted it, and then she got really indepth in the converstation about it. At first I thought it was just a joke, but it's lasting a bit longer than a joke should, and now my concience is in the middle of a civil war. I mean, I do like this girl, but at the time I was very ok with just being friends... now she presents me with this little deal here and I feel trapped in bullet time.

If she is a true friend, she would have no problem with you saying no.

I want you to think about this very carefully. If she is willing to cheat on her husband, what's to stop her from doing the same to you later.

Hey, if you both were single, then use your best judgment (as long as it doesn't have problems with chain of command type stuff), but as long as one of is married, you're treading in very dangerous water.

FC

I know, that's why this whole situation irritates me. I'm just shocked how it got presented to me, as if there would be no problem at all with the chain of command, and I'm further shocked by her because I had thought that she was a faithfull spouse and happily married. Maybe something else is going on. Of course, it was presented that the husband wouldn't mind... yeah right! :rolleyes:

I think I'm just more irritated by the fact that a hot girl, who is unfortunately married, propositioned me.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Well, that actually is a possibility, however remote. However, if that's true, then she'd have no problem with you asking him first, right?

Good luck with that...

:grin:

FC

Well, that actually is a possibility, however remote. However, if that's true, then she'd have no problem with you asking him first, right?

Good luck with that...

:grin:

FC

Ya know, I should have challenged that at the time by calling him up on the phone.... would've found out right then and there if it was a joke or not.

However... she's married...

One word- "Honor" Tell Mr Pokey to stand down

The more I read about this, the more I think its a trap/joke on you. Ask Admiral Ackbar....

Not only no, NO, but HELL NO. One does not screw up a good friendship, but also do not get involved. Any one that will cheat on a spouse will cheat on any spouse/boyfriend/whatever..... Believe me, bin dere done dat, not cheat on the spouse but dated the girl.

Beard

deffinatelly is a bad trip get a married girl.

i say the same as C5.

No man... No way as long as she is married. Now if she really wants you (maybe she just feels alone), she has to make a choice between you and her husband. Life is really unfair yeah... :grin:

Roger that folks. Just something that I wanted to share 'cause it has been on my mind for the whole day. I though it was just me saying hell no to it because everybody else at my unit is looking at me weird for not jumping on it. It's funny that these things keep happening to me. I just seem to be a magnet for trouble.

Hey FC, got your PM, but I'm not currently on a computer with ICQ.... using my phone to type this. Anyways, if she keeps pushing the issue, I'll tell her to get a divorce first if she really is interested. Then we'll see how sincere she really is.

The part that would say "Yes, enjoy" is probably the same part that would say "No, bad idea". As it's usually the first part that is targeted in any rude brawl !

Get yourself an electric model train set instead for fun and get the hell out of this ... :heat:

Hou doe,

Derk

Edited by Derk

I know people have said this before but : WAVE OFF! WAVE OFF!

I though it was just me saying hell no to it because everybody else at my unit is looking at me weird for not jumping on it.

:rofl: :rofl:

...Anyways, if she keeps pushing the issue, I'll tell her to get a divorce first if she really is interested. Then we'll see how sincere she really is.

YES... After saying that may we have her pics now to see how HOT she is ? :lol: :lol: :lol: (Kidding of course)