Sign in to follow this  

Libya - Ver 3.75

Lybia Terrain; Updates, Fixes and Clean-Up For SF2 Series (& SF/Wo*, too!)

What started out as a simple, quick "Limited Nations" fix, turned into a semi-major overhaul. This includes some retiling, and some fairly major targeting fixes. It has NOT been completly rebuilt; there might still be a few cities in Libya that might need re-working, but I just didn't want to futz around with them. Also, several of the NATO side targets have been vastly improved upon and expanded. Since I totally lost track of WHAT I added, I've chosen to re-release this as a FULL terrain. It is designed to replace any and all other originals or mods, as everything has been incoporated to this version, plus some additiional stuff and thingys, including some GroundObject tweeks.

As stated above, this is the FULL terrain, with all internal objects needed. You simply need to unzip and install.

This terrain mod, while designed for SF2 merged installs, is easily back-dated for use in all 1st Gen SF/SFG/Wo* game installs at the 08 Patch Level. You'll just need to change the shader statments; instructions are below. Information on the GroundObjects are in the "Notes" section.

Also added are several new tiles, updating of some other tiles (to make them fit and look better), and LOTS of custom TODs for buildings and trees and such. For those that expect them, the 'Easter Eggs' on this terrian a the same as before, with the addition of a new billboard or 2.....

It is also reccomened you have the Pasko's Ground Objects, Kesselbrut's Vehicles Pak, Fast Cargo's SA-5s; in short any and all add-on SAMs, AAA, vehicles, ships, and whatnot from any and all other terrain mods. They are NOT all included. See "Notes" below for information about Stock & 3rd Party Ships. However, some modified data inis for stock and 3rd party AAA units are included, as they are now networked to a search/track/fire control radar.

Be advised, however, of the use of the "LimitedNations=TRUE" statement, thereby limiting WHO gets to play in this sandbox.

It is ALSO highly reccomended you READ this entire document through before installing this mod. If you don't, you're SURE to run into problems. And then, we WILL clown on you.

Good Hunting!

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Kevin !!!!:good:

Hou doe,

Derk

just in time with the Tomcat's release. Now, let's see El Dorado Canyon, and the Fitter shoot-downs!!

wrench

kevin stein

Oooo...El Dorado Canyon...there's an idea...:).

FC

one of the targets missing, for El Dorado Canyon, would be Kadffi's tent and camel. Sorry, we don't have a camel object.....but there's PLENTY of other targets to zap!

(btw, a suggestion is in Bengahzi; the Military District HQ ... check it out in Free Camera view...)

wrench

kevin stein

People!

Found a small typo in the Libya_Nation.ini

Algeria reads like this:

EnemyNationpp5=Algeria

when it should read as:

EnemyNation005=Algeria

Please make the correction in you Libya_Nations.ini!!!

sorry about that!!

wrench

kevin stein

lybia_ver-3.75_readme:

>> -Adding the New Ground Objects.

>> IMPORTANT NOTE: the data and inis supplied are saved in ANSI ... which works on BOTH SF/Wo* and SF2 series games.

What files?? :dntknw:

All the the data and inis, in the "put_in_groundobjects_folder" folder?? :blink:

>> However, if you are using this in SF2, you might want to re-save them back into Unicode. You should know how by now....

I do not remember?? :this: Any suggestions?? :grin:

Yes, the data.inis and ***.inis that are just loose in the put_in_GO_Folder.

I didn't resave mine in Unicode, and they work just fine.

But if you really want to....

open the ini in notepad and "SAVE AS...", and they're be a selector dropdown. Choose Unicode, and when asked "Overwrite?" just say yes.

Yes, the data.inis and ***.inis that are just loose in the put_in_GO_Folder.

I didn't resave mine in Unicode, and they work just fine.

But if you really want to....

open the ini in notepad and "SAVE AS...", and they're be a selector dropdown. Choose Unicode, and when asked "Overwrite?" just say yes.

Thank you immensely!!!! :clapping:

this Libya is going to be my favourite map along with Formosa!!

thanks a lot!

Found a small typo in the Libya_Nation.ini

Hello Kevin,

in the same file, shouldn't "EnemyNation001=Lybia" be spelt "EnemyNation001=Libya"?

Great attention to details, it's closer to a FSX scenery than a battlefield one is flying above at 500 knots ;)

Edited by FrankD

opsss.. was my fraking old keyboard... yeah, that's it. blame the tool, not the mechanic!! :rofl:

wrench

kevin stein

Do you have an updated water map for this terrain so ships will work with the latest expansion/patch level?

Cheers,

Dan.

Ships have no issues with this terrain. Due to the black HM bmps, and other terrain data ini edits.

However, if you're asking about the _water.bmp that the Mission Builder needs? That's a different story.

No, I don't.

But, you can take the PlanningMap1, and paint it black and red, 'save as...' Libya_Water.bmp, add the line to the Libya.ini:

WaterMap=Libya_Water.bmp

and off you go.

Ships have no issues with this terrain. Due to the black HM bmps, and other terrain data ini edits.

However, if you're asking about the _water.bmp that the Mission Builder needs? That's a different story.

No, I don't.

But, you can take the PlanningMap1, and paint it black and red, 'save as...' Libya_Water.bmp, add the line to the Libya.ini:

WaterMap=Libya_Water.bmp

and off you go.

Yes I was talking about the mission builder, I will give editing the planning map a crack tomorrow.

Cheers.

You gents piqued my curiosity, what specifically for the mission editor need the Libya_Water.bmp?

extract the desert, or germany or isral or vietnam terrain cats, you'll see this new item

basically, it tells the game engine WHERE water is, and where land is.

wrench

kevin stein

hello Kevin,

thanks for answering.

What is that bmp for is not what I'm curious about though, my question was specificaly about Libya_Water.bmp as the mission editor actually seems to work fine already without it, on Libya 3.75.

So I'm wondering which subtlety did I not got?

How strange!!

Have you tried placing carriers??? IIRC, in the stickied thread -somewhere around here- about the mission builder, the discussion was it was needed for Carrier Stations. Since 'generic' shipping routes are already pre-set in the Movement.ini

not having experimentated with the mission builder at all (yet!!!) ... :dntknw:

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for your answer Kevin.

I placed a carrier manually as a target and it showed up. I must have missed something and I should take the time to read the sticked thread by the way.

Anyway, here is a bmp that should make a decent Libya_Water file.

(Don't download the picture shown as ImageShack converted it to png. Instead, please download the file hosted on Mediafire)

libyawater.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/csgk9xhx13a5x5g/LIBYA_WATER.7z

Edited by FrankD

Thanks for your answer Kevin.

I placed a carrier manually as a target and it showed up. I must have missed something and I should take the time to read the sticked thread by the way.

Anyway, here is a bmp that should make a decent Libya_Water file.

Thanks you saved me the trouble :)

I've re-installed this today - very nice. Drag and drop. Job done.