Hi. I just got WOE after a long wait, and got lindr2's four weapons pack, and I didnt find a read me. I'm probably just retarded, but how do I install that, planes, and what do I need for that pack? Thanks for any help!

Knowledge Base

Hi and welcome!

You'll be glad to know that you're not the first one to ask these questions. Luckily the great group of guys here have put together a wealth of information covering a wide range of topics and specifically what you're looking for. Take a read through the Begging Modder Section of the KB (Link Above).

Ok, thanks! But do you know what I need for that four part weapon pack?

It mentions china and other countries mentioned, and I already ran up my download limit.

Edited by Shoot2maim

The readme.txt is in the file directory included in the downloaded files. I verified it was there. Additional information can be found in the file download description and the support topic for the file itself.

The readme.txt is in the file directory included in the downloaded files. I verified it was there. Additional information can be found in the file download description and the support topic for the file itself.

Ah. Ok, found install instructions in the description. So I AM a idiot... anyways, this may take a while. XD Thanks!

Ok, Im reading all the tutorials, but Im not at all computer literate, so what does this mean?

1) Open weapondata.ini -> Open Bunyap updated weapons.ini -> change weapons data by new.

2) If You have my weaponpack parts 1&2 -> open weapondata.ini -> open My_Updated_weapons.ini -> change weapons data by new.

If you not have weaponpack parts 1&2 -> Open weaponeditor-> open weapondata.ini -> merge with My_Updated_weapons.ini

3) Open weaponeditor-> open weapondata.ini -> merge with New weapons.ini

And does it work with nato fighters? Also, I'm very sorry for all these stupid questions.

You need to merge a couple of files together using the correct weapons editor for your game version - which I assume is Oct 2008 if you installed the latest patch from 3rdWire?.

Have you found the weapons editor program (which I assume is in the weapons pack) and can you open/run it?

Ok, I've been using the editor just fine, But I use bunyaps weapons pack. I want new aircraft, so how do I get bunyaps to work with the 08 patch?

in the "Things You Need To Update" Thread in the KB, in releation to the 08 patch, the BunyPak should be mentioned.

Basiclly, you just open any weapon with the 08 editor, save it, and it'll rebuild the weapondata.ini and weapondata.dat to the 'newer' standard. Mind you, it WON'T have all the new paramaters usable, as each individual weapon will need some editing to bring them up fully to date, but it WILL make the usable.

wrench

kevin stein

Ok, this is my last question. Real sorry for bothering all of you, But I got all of the nato fighters packs, and oct 08 update, but some of my aircraft have no weapons, and the ones that do have invisible weapons, and no effects. What did I do wrong?

Read this:

http://www.column5.us/natof4.shtml

It is VERY specific as to what to install, and the order to install it in.

You should be able to get a full up working install that way.

FC

I do that, but It still wont work. I install it here, yes?

Program Files (x86)\Wings Over Europe

no, you don't instll 1stGens to ANY of the programfiles folders in Vista or 7. Since those are 'protected' folders, you can't make any changes in them.

Install to the root of C. IE:

C:/Wings Over Europe

then, you can access and make changes to everything

wrench

kevin stein