So ive been playing around with this setting and i cant really figure out what it means. For example, if i set it to 10. What does that mean ingame? I am trying to find out at which range to fire my gun onto ground targets and right now its way to close since those pesky AAA always get me when i get in close.

Thanx for your time and help!

Oh yeah, while am at it. I downloaded the F5E from the SF2 download section and am running it in a merged install with the latest patch. The afterburner and jet engine textures arent working. Cant figure out why..

Edited by xclusiv8

About the issue with the F-5E, i made the conversion to SF2, and here it works fine. I don´know what did i do wrong, but if somebody comes out with a solution to your problem, PM me and i´ll try to fix it in the downloadable file, for whatever you need, tell me.

I think it has something to do with the new shader effects. Im no expert though. So dont take my word for it :drinks:

What setting in which file are you changing?

I've been waiting for someone to make a comment about drooping gun barrels....

afaik, gun depressoin, in the game as real life ™, is measure in Mils. What exactly those are, I've never learned. Degrees of arc? :dntknw:

anyway, here's the section from the F-4E_78's cockpit ini that speaks to it:

[GunsightFront]

HasGunsight=TRUE

GunsightMilSize=50

GunsightName=F-4e_sight.tga

GunsightRollTabsName=F-4e_rolltabs.tga

GunsightRangeBarName=F-4e_rangebar.tga

RangeBarOrientation=6TO12

RangeBarHasGunRange=TRUE

RangeBarUseWeaponRange=FALSE

RangeBarMax=6096.0

RangeBarMin=914.4

RangeBarMaxGun=2032.1 a colored rangebar on thegunsight, it 'flows around the reticle

RangeBarMinGun=304.8

LeadComputing=TRUE

MinLeadRange=300 <--

MaxLeadRange=1300<--

DefaultLeadRange=500 <-- these 3 speak to gunsight lead, probably in meters

MaxDepression=245 <-- drop down for better sight picture when bombing

DefaultDepression=50 <--gunsight more or less center on bullet stream

rule of thumb: when enemy a/c's wingspan fills the reticle side-to-side, SHOOT!!! No real difference from WW2 stuff. (well, bombers WILL be bigger than fighters, obviously! <gr>)

hope that helps!

wrench

kevin stein