Gents, has anyone tried to edit the data.ini of the J-10A to correct the problems with the control surfaces?

- canards visually working in reversed mode

- ailerones not moving at all

I have played with the data.ini a bit to make the canards work properly and sort of managed to fix that.

The ailerones however seem a tough nut for me. In reality they should act as both ailerons and flaps on take-offs and landings, however currently these do not move at all. I did try to follow the example of other similar aircraft - JAS-39 and EF-2000, but so far no progress.

Anyone got a clue or could point me to a tutorial how to fix the problem with the ailerones?

Prolly needs the 3d guy to rework the animations in MAX for the control surfaces, and then rebuild the data ini to match (or so says my best guess!! <grin>)

Dosen't the Hornet also used droopy ailerons for flaps?

wrench

kevin stein

If you have surfaces that perform multiple functions (the F-35 as an example), each surface requires multiple links in the MAX file to allow 'blended' movements. If these links do not exist, that surface will never move correctly for anymore than one control movement.

FC

so, things like SecondaryInputName=AIRBRAKES_TOGGLE on, for example, the F-79 flying wing where I want the 4 drag rudders to 'pop' out as airbrakes can't/won't work with out that having been set in MAX to start with??

wrench

kevin stein

Guest rscsjsuso5

i can verify and agree with fc and wc about the j-10 , i'm a member of insky and i saw many pre production screens of this mod and it is build this way, i have to say the j-10 needs an extra push to make it a true final as most j-10 versions released here and in insky is standard version. you got to remember their are two or more different version of the j-10 versions for thirdwire sim - one having the refueling probe and the other having open canopy feature , i can suspect the aircraft data being used differently and plus after testing the aircraft at some point the aircraft turn rate seems hard and sometimes seems smooth which might be addressed to your problems of the aircraft.

Wrench, actually, for certain items, secondary input will work...I forgot about that particular parameter. I think it only works for primary flight controls though (elevators, ailerons) I don't think it works for things like speedbrakes or rudders. I could be wrong though.

FC

Guys, thank you all. So I will ave a look at the F-79 to see how the SecondaryInputName works.

Hopefully that will show me the way to edit the J-10A data.ini and make the ailerons work.

Save you the trouble ... it Dosen't! The airbrakes work, due to their vitural nature (ie: existing only in the data ini), but the drag rudders don't move unless you're yawing the aircraft.

wrench

kevin stein

On 24/6/2010 at 4:23 PM, Svetlin said:

Gents, has anyone tried to edit the data.ini of the J-10A to correct the problems with the control surfaces?

- canards visually working in reversed mode

- ailerones not moving at all

I have played with the data.ini a bit to make the canards work properly and sort of managed to fix that.

The ailerones however seem a tough nut for me. In reality they should act as both ailerons and flaps on take-offs and landings, however currently these do not move at all. I did try to follow the example of other similar aircraft - JAS-39 and EF-2000, but so far no progress.

Anyone got a clue or could point me to a tutorial how to fix the problem with the ailerones?

Hi, I'm Mariano, I know I'm 10 years late, but I'm working on a J-10 skin/mod, can you tell me what did you do to fix the canards? 

the guys that built it are looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong gone. it ain't gonna get fixed.