Sign in to follow this  
bruceD

New to OFF

Hey guys , I was at SimHQ, but was told this is the place to be, so here I am. I have read the FAQ's page,but I'm still a bit hazy on a few things. First and this will probably sound crazy, how do you turn down the music and effects in the User interface, and when I start a mission, the startup of the engine right after the guys says "Clear!". Don't get me wrong the music is great, but for some reason the rest of the ingame sounds are just right, but the music is really loud !! I did try turning the general sound down , but for some reason the music is way louder. Yes i know you can shut it off, but I did try that and nothing happened, besides as I said the music is really good.

Next is getting the sim to run smoothly ,here is my system: Gigabyte P35-DS3L, Intel E6750 duo-core 2.66 Ghz, 2Gb ram,Nvidia 8800 GT video card with 512 memory.

So far I can run it at 1680 x 1050 x 32 with everything at 2 except clouds, those when on 2 turn it into a slideshow. I have heard you can turn shadows off, but I got lost trying to find it, someone said click on hanger, but wasn't sure where that was. Any of you familiar with iRacing should know i can run that easily with framerates in the 100 - 250 range. I'm using a Thrustmaster T-Flite Stick X BTW and it seems to work pretty well, although I haven't programmed anything yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thats the thing, I think the reason for the slight stutters is when I'm close to the ground where there are lots of trees. I'm just not sure where to change that for just the ground textures. I did read somewhere in the User interface, that you go to a hanger and then hit something, and that gets you into somewhere where you can change these things plus things like shadows.