Just wondering if there is a model of this great ship available anywhere.

Thanks

One's been available for years ... the lod is dated 2005. Unfortunately, as I can't locate a readme for it, and until such time a determination is made as to WHO made it (meaning: Hinch, DAT, Geo???) uploading is not an option.

I'd more suspect Hinchbrook or Geo, as it uses 3 skin maps, and the 'pattern' is very similiar to other WW2 items they've done. (judging by the lack of guns and gunners in the data ini -dated 2007-, I'd go with Hinch first, simply because it's so old. We've learned a LOT since then! No slight to either Hinch or Geo is meant that statement)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Ok, scouring the archives (meaning the pile of CD and one of the externals), the Belfast came inside the original EAW Euro WW2 terrain. I still don't know who built it, but it looks more and more like it might be Hinchbrooke.

I doubt the original terrain (from 2005) is still availabe here; I know the small ugrade I uploaded dosn't have it, but maybe Avsim might. Although that's kinda doubtfull. Then, you'd just need to assemble the parts into a new GO folder, update the main ini to latest standards, upgrade the data ini to include gunners and the 6 inch gun (although I'm pretty sure only 1 turret moves), and off you go

wrench

kevin stein

Whoever built Belfast, it wasn't me. I have drawings, and have thought about building her (my last 'visit' was in 2008), but haven't had the time.

Hey everyone thanks for your help, I just noticed that the NAfrica/Western Desert terrain has the Belfast as a target. However there is no lod or file of the ship so it just appears as nothing. I could be wrong and may have just set it up wrong (the reason it's not showing up) but I did not see it as part of the terrain package. However it must be somewhere I guess

Thanks again

yes, that's because it's a GroundObject, placed 'in port' via the targets_ini

Thanks for the info Hinch; I'd automatically credited you with it, since you ARE the major shipbuilding company for 3W sim!

I guess an email to capun is in order, to check and see if he created it. Since it came with the terrain ... I jsut don't know anymore!!!

wrench

kevin stein