Having been away from the sim a while...1 simple question...which version is the most catered nowadays?...for> SF2 \Europe\ Israel or vietnam?...as my missus wont let me get all....lol..

thnx guys

Russ

ps...I assume the hdr mod wont work on an ATI card? xfx HD5870

Edited by russouk2004

Russ - get them all. One per month and in the order they were released. You'll have more sustained fun and anticipation that way.

The HDR mod is redundant on the SF2 series fro what I've read. I'm still with WOI since thats where my favourite mods work-and I use work arounds for current mods-on an 512 Mb ATI card; I think there's an tailor made HDR mod for ATI cards in the download section.

And really get all-I had only WOE at a point of time...the same terrain was what used to get to me.

Russ,

I'm with Spinners, get them all with time -you'll have one mega install when merged

Same advice from me buy them 1 a month which is what I did also don't forget the expansion for WOI SF2 as well its totally worth it...

ps...I assume the hdr mod wont work on an ATI card? xfx HD5870

depends - its not down to the card - the HDR mod will work if you run the games using DX9 - ie the first series ones and SF2 games not using advanced shaders or on Win XP.

I can run the HDR in Gen 1 games on Win 7 64 and an ATi card

But for SF2 games i crank up the settings and makes sure its using DX10 - in which case the HDR mod is not required anyway.

Ok thanks guys....sorted...will try n get em all...Im running dx11 and assume the games will default to dx 10 for the hdr mod?..or do I need to edit the mods ini file.?

as you see ive no idea...lol

anyways getting the 1st of the SF2 releases now.

btw...cant get my 3ds max 9 to install on win7 32 ultimate...so will have to install virtual xp.I dont like 3ds max 10,so I can resume some of my models I have in the works.

Edited by russouk2004

Nice to see you back with us russ ..if you need a test pilot im your man :)

ps im running SF2E

Ok thanks guys....sorted...will try n get em all...Im running dx11 and assume the games will default to dx 10 for the hdr mod?..or do I need to edit the mods ini file.?

as you see ive no idea...lol

anyways getting the 1st of the SF2 releases now.

btw...cant get my 3ds max 9 to install on win7 32 ultimate...so will have to install virtual xp.I dont like 3ds max 10,so I can resume some of my models I have in the works.

Does 3ds max work if you install it outside Program files which is now protected in Win 7?

forget the HDR mod - the current one only works in DX9 I think - you shouldnt need it with DX10.

Damn, Russ....I thought you'd disappeared on us. I'm glad to see you back. BTW, I still have some of your unreleased models on my drive... :yikes:

lol @ fubar...hopefully we can get em out...soon

Im just getting SF2E first now...tried last night but was too late..fell asleep...lol

@ mig...when I autorun the dvd it says invalid win app...odd as its a legit original max 9 dvd :no:

installed virtual xp so will instal on there...its a barebones slimmed down xp pro.

Edited by russouk2004