Sign in to follow this  
Javigato

Battle of Cambrai - Stock

I am playing a 1917 battle of Cambrai campaign, pretty much the stock one with one modification (added knownaces added to my Jasta). Anyway, I am starting with Jasta 5, which is the only available Jasta on Germany's side at the start of the Allied offensive. Problem is, I can't get pass the second mission, I mean, Camels, Se5s EVERYWHERE... most of the time I get shot down on the first or second mission on the first day with at least 5 enemy planes on my tail all shooting at me. I imagine after a couple of days of the campaign other Jastas will arrive and things will be more balanced, but for the first couple of days it seems like there's no way to get pass it... any ideas? or am I just a really bad flyer? :)

How long have you been playing the game, and what level are you set at?

Have you played the 1917 campaign on the allies side? - with everything set hard it was okay for me - got through it okay several times.

check your 6 constantly - particularly if you are going after another plane.

I've been playing for about a couple of months, an hour or so a week... I play with all set as hard. I have not tried the Allies yet, just Jasta5 campaign for Battle of Cambrai. I just can't seem to shake off the swarm of Brits coming after me!!

If you dare to, flight low, as low as few feet from the ground. The AI always chicken if you do that. They might get a burst or two at you, but they wont be able to follow you steady so its easy to shake them off.

If possible all available pilots of your Jasta should start together with you. If the game says start with only 4, take the rest of the squadron with you. It the other pilots are exausted, then start alone, but avoid combat. Simply run away and if you see a chance to fight under equal conditions with the enemy then starts to hunt.

The german word for fighter pilot is "Jäger" or "Jagdflieger", what means "Hunter" and explain the success of the german pilots in WW1. You must fight like a hunter, not in the english way of fighter. Only then you will be successfull.